The Confrontation

Chapter 14
Back in Toronto I am able to sneak away from the hustle and bustle of the team to go visit my father who had just gotten to St. Mikes and settled in from Ottawa.
"Hi dad." I say lightly knocking on the door. He looks at me in confusion and if I am honest he looks awful. "How are you feeling?"
"Are you my nurse?" He asks and I shake my head.
"Dad, quit playing it's me Celestria."
"My girlfriend loves that name, she wanted to name our daughter that." My eyes fill with tears.
"Dad, please. You have to remember me? I am your daughter." He looks at me with a blank stare on his face and I feel my whole world crashing down. "One moment, I'll be back." I sneak out of the room and go to the nurses desk.
"Hi, how can I help you?" She asks.
"My father in room 332 doesn't remember anything or me. I'm just a little concerned that something is going on." She looks at me in confusion and gets up.
"I'll come in and check on him now." She follows me back to his room and he's laying on the bed unconscious and slumped.
"Dad!" I cry out as the nurse rushes to the side and I find myself in a situation no daughter wants.
"Ma'am we need you out of here while we figure out what happened. The waiting room is down the hall, we will call you when we have anything."
"I'm not leaving." The nurse looks at me in sympathy.
"Please, I know this is not what you want but you have to do it unfortunately as it is medical practice while we figure out what has happened." I nod and feel some tears slip down my face as I leave the room. I call Marcus, who is at work and no doubt will answer me on his lunch break.
"Hey Marc, it's Celestria. I went to see Dad today before work and he is not doing well. He did not know who I was and when I went to see a nurse about it and came back, he was unconscious and slumped over. I am at the hospital still with him but will update you when I find out. If you can come after work please do." I say to his voicemail and then hang up. I next call Kyle and try to hold back tears as I do it.
"Hi, this is Kyle." He answers soon after I ring him.
"Hey Kyle, it's Celestria. My father is unconscious right now at the hospital and I need to be here until they figure it out. I may be a few minutes late to work." I say with a sniffle.
"Celestria, no worries at all. I am so sorry to hear about your father and wish that I could do something more. Feel free to skip out on today or come and just hang out with the boys. It may be good to be around them and to have some comfort from them. But of course if you don't feel up to it please just take care of yourself. Let us know if there's anything we can do. We can have our chef prepare you some meals or your family if you are in need and want to spend so much time with him."
"No no Kyle, it's okay. I really appreciate all of your help though and being understanding about my situation. I am so sorry that I have been such a burden on the team."
"Are you kidding? The boys have been nothing but great since you've joined us. I can see such a big improvement since you have come around, they are changed men."
"They mean so much to me, I love them so much. They are my family, my chosen family."
"I am so glad that you are around, they are really great guys and they mean well with anything they say. No matter how crude it is sometimes, so thank you for sticking with them."
"Thank you Kyle."
"You're welcome Celestria, take care. If you need anything we are a phone call away."
"Thank you and Kyle?"
"Yes?"
"Please don't tell the boys. I don't want them to worry." I hang up the phone and shake my head, slipping the phone in my pocket. 'What am I going to do? What if Dad doesn't pull through?'
"Ma'am?" I hear and my head shoots up.
"Yes?" I rise to my feet and her eyes are showing distress even if her body language is relaxed.
"Your father had an infection from a previous surgery and it caused him to go into septic shock. We just rushed him to surgery and he should be available to see in a few hours. In the meantime, you should go home and be with those who are close to you." I nod and play with the hem of my sweater.
"Thank you, will you call me when he is out and okay?" She nods and pats my shoulder in comfort.
"Of course, I will make sure that you are the first person to know when he is out." I nod and follow her out of the room but instead of going the way she did I go towards the elevators.
When I get back to the arena I am greeted by Jason who has a stern look on his face.
"What?" I ask not looking at his face.
"Come with me, we have to talk."
"No." I say defiantly and Jason grabs my hand and forces me to come with him. I whine and scream and dig my feet into the floor. "Oww.... You're hurting me." I whine trying to do anything to get him to let go of me so I don't have to be bothered. I did not expect to be bombarded as soon as I got to the arena. He drags me into a room and shuts the door. In front of me are John, Auston, Mitch and Morgan with an empty seat for Jason. "What do you boys want." I groan, not having the mental capacity to deal with them.
"We found out about your little trip to Ottawa by yourself the other day." Jason says and my eyes shoot to Auston and he's not looking at me.
"You fucking told him?! What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I ask, fire in my words and no doubt my eyes. Auston holds his hands up in the air and finally looks at me.
"It slipped Celestria, I am sorry." He defends himself and I am fuming, I have had my personal privacy taken from me and told to people that I wanted to keep it from.
"That is no way to talk to him now is it Celestria?" Jason asks and I look at him in anger.
"What way am I talking to him, Jason? Like a man who told my secrets to many people? Like a man who I didn't even tell because it was none of his business or your business for that matter." I roll my eyes, not caring how disrespectful I am.
"You're my submissive."
"So what? I was off the clock! I don't have to tell you what I do all the time, especially when it has nothing to do with you."
"You want to mouth off? Get over here and I'll teach you some respect."
"You can take your respect and shove it up your ass. Fuck this and the dom/sub shit, I don't have the time or patience to deal with this. When you get your head out of your ass let me know and we can chat. And if anyone else has something to say, then you're wasting your breath." I turn around and walk out of the room. I run into Will and I give him a hug and start to cry.
"Hey, Celeste. What's wrong, why are you crying?" He asks and I shake my head. He picks me up and walks somewhere. He sits down and keeps me cradled to him. I sniffle.
"I'm having a very bad day and then the boys started berating me for something that I was not on the clock for and I snapped and now I am going to get punished when it was not my fault." I sob and clutch onto him tighter. He kisses the top of my head and rubs my back soothingly.
"It's okay, I'll protect you and make sure that you're okay. It's going to be okay." He soothes rocking back and forth to calm me down. The door opens behind me and I bury myself deeper in his chest.
"Celestria we need to talk." Jason says and I shake my head.
"No, I have nothing to say to you."
"We are going to talk now." I get out of William's grasp and take off running out of the arena as fast I can, passing various members of the team and a very worried Kyle. I run to my car and speed off home so I can pack a bag and head back to the hospital to be with my father before I have to go to dinner with Will and Auston later tonight. I don't know how I am going to face Auston after his betrayal today. Whether or not he meant it, he still broke my trust.
Jason's POV
We're in practice when Auston lets it slip that Celestria went to Ottawa this past weekend and that is why she could not join us on the road trip. I am furious, not at him because he did not mean to let it slip and you could tell by the look on his face he had messed up and that he would anger Celestria if she were to find out. But to me, when you lie about where you were to your Dom there has to be consequences. So when I see John next, I come up with a plan to intervene and ask her where she has been with all the letters on the team, those who care so much about her. He's guarded about how he feels surrounding this but does say that I am her main Dom and if this is how I wish to proceed then to do so.
"What?" She asks when I come across her. She refuses to look at me and that frustrates me that she is not even giving me any respect. I am her Daddy after all and she needs to respect me and my wishes.
"Come with me, we need to talk." I grab her hand and pull her towards the meeting room without a second look.
"Oww... You're hurting me." She whines and for a second I am worried she is hurt but I know from the whine that she was faking it just to get me to let her go. When we get to the room I shut the door and take my seat beside John.
"What do you boys want?" She groans and I shake my head looking at her in frustration. How dare she think she can act like this especially after her stunt of going to Ottawa without telling anyone.
"We found out about your little trip to Ottawa by yourself the other day." I say with a shake of my head and watch as her eyes shoot to Auston.
"You fucking told him?! What the fuck is wrong with you?!" Auston holds his hands up in defence. I do not appreciate the way she is talking and I can feel myself getting angrier at her act of defiance.
"It slipped Celestria, I am sorry." He says defending himself and there's no reason for her to be angry at him. He did not mean to tell her and honestly I am happy that he did let it slip and that I was able to find out.
"That is no way to talk to him now is it Celestria?" I scold and her eyes are full of fire and anger when she looks at me.
"What way am I talking to him, Jason? Like a man who told my secrets to many people? Like a man who I didn't even tell because it was none of his business or your business for that matter." She explodes and her eyes roll. I have to grip my arm rests and ignore the tick in my jaw as I desire to take her over my knee and spank the brattiness out of her. The defiance is cute on a normal day but today after finding out she has been lying to us it brought forth a level of anger in me that I did not know I had.
"You're my submissive." I defend.
"So what? I was off the clock! I don't have to tell you what I do all the time, especially when it has nothing to do with you." She exclaims, her arms flailing.
"You want to mouth off? Get over here and I'll teach you some respect." I point at the floor at my feet and make a gesture for her to kneel.
"You can take your respect and shove it up your ass. Fuck this and the dom/sub shit, I don't have the time or patience to deal with this. When you get your head out of your ass let me know and we can chat. And if anyone else has something to say, then you're wasting your breath." She storms off and I get up to go after her. John grabs my arm and keeps me from going after her.
"She's not in the right headspace, something deeper is wrong. Don't do anything that would hurt her or stress her out." He tries to reason with me and I sigh sitting back down on my seat.
"I am going to go after her in a second though. Just let her relax and then go, I need to talk to her and tell her that her attitude was not okay."
"Jason, she was off the clock." Auston tries to reason with me.
"She was still disrespectful to us and we are her dominants, she has to be respectful."
"She's obviously stressed, give her a pass. Just let her off with this just once."
"I can't, if she is like this and we let her get away with it once then she will continue to think it is alright to act like this." Morgan moves his head from side to side contemplating.
"I think she has stuff going on deeper down than what we know. I think something is up with her though, she would normally be respectful and have that good little girl stage." Morgan says and I nod my head.
"I'll go see her and just check on her, I won't punish her but I just want to talk to her." I stand up and walk towards the door. I pull open the door and see Celestria crying into Will's chest.
"Celestria, we need to talk." I say and she shakes her head. Will shoots me a look and shakes his head. 'Now is not the time, she's not well.' He mouths.
"I have nothing to say to you." She says.
"We are going to talk now." Celestria rips herself out of Will's grasp and takes off down the hallway and out of sight. Will and I just stare down the hallway, where she once had been.
"What's going on?" I ask and Will shakes his head.
"Fuck if I know."