Chapter 44

(Hello reader, I apologise for such slow updates lately, but I hope you enjoy)

1st POV:

It had been a while since I had seen anyone from the original Tokyo Manji gang or Brahman, even just my friends... even Takashi. I heard his fashion show was tonight and I was still debating whether or not to go because...

 I had joined the Kantou Manji Gang.

You see, I happened to run into Keizo Arashi and Wakasa Imaushi. They were visiting Shinichiro Sano's grave, which wasn't very far from Baji's. At first, I had simply smiled and bowed in respect, hoping to leave quickly as they were very intimidating to be around but Wakasa had called out to me. He asked how Takemichi was doing, and soon enough the three of us ended up wandering around, talking about this and that for hours. They talked to me about Shinichiro and the original Black Dragons and I talked to them about the Tokyo Manji gang, Takemichi and everything that had recently occurred, including stuff about Takashi. It felt so good to get everything off my chest so I had just kept going on and on. I hadn't paid much attention to where the three of us were going because I had become so engrossed in our conversation and the stories they were telling me of their lives as gang members and their previous fights, that I hadn't realised where they had led me. I was now at the meeting place of the Kanto Manji gang. 

I had freaked out at first, why would they lead me here? We shouldn't have been anywhere near Kanto Manji after what had happened with Brahman, only a few days earlier. Keizo told me that they had joined Kanto Manji alongside Mikey and that they were the captain and vice-captain of the Commando unit. When I heard I wanted to run away, was this some sort of trap? I wasn't even big in Brahman why would they do this? But Wakasa asked me to trust them and join as well. I was bewildered that he could even ask me that after everything that had happened because of the Kanto Manji gang.

 I was sure that these two wouldn't betray Senju, so why had they joined? They let me stand there thinking for what felt like ages before I agreed. 

I didn't think they would betray Senju, and in no way was I a strong fighter so surely they had some kind of plan. Even if they didn't, I was going to try to get Mikey from the inside. I mean Keizo and Wakasa were the vice-captain and captain of their own unit already so maybe I could get them to let me become a higher-up somehow. At the least, I could get information on the gang and give it to Takemichi... if he would talk to me.

As I couldn't fight at all, Keizo and Wakasa began giving me basic lessons. These basic lessons turned into any free time that we had, I would be training and if they couldn't teach me they got Hanma, who had also joined as part of their unit, to teach me. Hanma scared me a whole lot and his training was brutal but I had grown a lot. I could even go head to head with some of the other members of our unit and beat them. It was crazy how quickly I was becoming good at fighting with these three geniuses training me. 

As I had grown so fast not only in the commando unit but in Kanto Manji, I had been allowed to join in on the higher-up's meetings. I couldn't sit in on all of them but even just a few was enough. I knew it was thanks to the three that had helped me out so much and I felt bad sometimes thinking if they had really sided with Mikey, especially because I wanted to destroy this gang but I knew I had to do something.

"Are you going to go or just sit there with a sad look on your face?" Wakasa spoke as he stood over me as I was laying down on the couch at his place.

"I don't know what you're talking about?" I replied, knowing very well what he was going on about.

"Well, I know it wasn't Hanma's training because normally when he beats you around you just get more fired up so I think it's pretty obvious about you know who." I sighed. Of course, I was being obvious about it. I hadn't spoken to Takashi in weeks or any of my old friends actually. I skipped school to train whenever I could and only went in for things such as tests, just to keep my grades somewhat stable. I would run into the boys occasionally but I just avoided them like the plague and if they chased after me I normally would lock myself in the girl's bathroom because they were all too scared to go in there. But Takashi and I didn't go to the same school, did he even want to see me? He hadn't called once. Were we even still together? I didn't know anymore. I just missed him"Come on then, I'll go with you." Wakasa said as he grabbed my arm, pulling me up. 

Timeskip

We stood at the back of the fashion show, I could Takemichi, Chfiyu and Hakkai sitting at the front, causing me to smile. I'm glad that Chifuyu and Takemichi had made up, and it was nice to see them supporting Takashi. 

Takashi...

Surely I would see him here, would he be able to see me if he came out though? The winner would probably come out on stage and I had no doubts that Takashi would win, so maybe he would notice me if I stayed here. "I bet you're more nervous than your boyfriend who is actually competing," Wakasa chuckled softly in my ear. I smacked him in the shoulder,  embarrassed that he could tell.

"Shut up," I grumbled.

"And so, the final round of the National Fashion Design Newcomer Award commences! Introducing the judges...

Entry number 1, Suzuki Miho with their theme "Multi-layeredness."

Wakasa and I stood there patiently waiting for number 15. So far all of the entries had been amazing but the closer it got until entry 15 the more nervous I became.

"Entry number 15, Mitsuya Takashi..." I grabbed hold of Wakasa's hand, shaking in anticipation, not taking my focus off of the stage as I waited, "And his theme, Twin Dragons." The name brought a smile to my face. "Dancing in the sky are two dragons, the renowned dragon soars up to the heavens in light cashmere and the other dragon falls to earth draped in heavy velvet seeking for love. Such is the expression of the piece." 

Draken, are you proud of him like I am? I couldn't help the tears that welled up in my eyes after seeing that. Takashi really is amazing. It was beautiful.

"And that marks the end of 2008's National Fashion Design Newcomer Awards. We will now announce the winner of this award. This year's winner is... Entry number 15 Mitsuy Takashi!! The stage is yours!" He did it! Takashi won!! I was so unbelievably happy.

"He did it!!" I said turning to envelop Wakasa in a hug as I cried tears of joy. "Isn't he amazing?!" I laughed.

"Yeah yeah... Hey, look!" Wakasa spoke, releasing me from the hug, allowing me to turn to the stage to see Takashi in his Tokyo Manji uniform, his head shaved to show his tattoo.

"First and foremost, thank you very much for the newcomer award..." Takashi spoke, causing my heart to skip a beat upon hearing his voice. "Few days ago a helpless junior of mine came to me and he told me this, 'I'm going to fight a former friend'. Takemitchy, Do you mind me tagging along?" He asked as he turned his attention off the crowd and judges and to Takemichi. "I am... rejecting this award! I'm sorry to those who helped me and to the judges who selected me. No matter how great the award is... If you abandon the friends who made you happiest for it then that award is downright shitty!" Takashi yelled as the crowd screamed in an uproar.

"We better get out of here or he's going to see you," Wakasa spoke, grabbing my wrist and dragging me towards the exit as I turned my head still trying to see Takashi on stage. We made eye contact just as I was dragged out the door.

"Y/N!?" I head Takashi call out over the microphone.

"Leave him," Wakasa spoke before I had time to protest. "We shouldn't have even come here. Mikey won't be happy if you talk to any of them, even if you are dating Mitsuya. You can't let any of the others know. They can't be trusted and both you and he will be put in even more danger." Wakasa continued to drag me further and further away from the fashion show... further from Takashi.

"I know..." I sighed, following behind him. As I got on the back of his bike I turned to look at the building one last time, just to see Takashi come running out. "Takashi..." I breathed out as we yet again made eye contact, but before he could even come closer, Wakasa had sped off.

I turned my head away, not wanting to watch as Takashi tried to run after us. Tears fell from my eyes as I heard him calling out my name.

I hope you enjoyed the update 

Thank you for reading