❝nightmares❞ - knj

nightmare; namjoon's

When you got home you were surprised to see Namjoon was not home. It was past 10 and he usually gets off dance practice by 9, so you assumed he was working late. You made yourself dinner and some for Namjoon if he were to turn up soon. When you finished eating, you put Namjoon's plate in the fridge and decided to get ready for bed. You took a shower, did your skin care routine and changed into your pajamas. 

Now it was close to midnight and you started getting worried, so you grabbed your cell phone and called him. To your luck, he answered.

"Hello?"

"W-Where are you?"

"Oh shit- I'm sorry honey I'm working late with the boys. Are you at home?"

"Oh yes, it's really late that's all."

"I'm on my way home now. Get some sleep for now."

You nod your head, "Okay. See ya." You hang up.

-2:09 am-

No one knows what woke you up at 2 in the morning but when you did wake up, you looked to your side and realized that Namjoon was not in the bed with you, which made you gasp. You sat up, but as you were about to grab your phone, you see Namjoon. He is sitting at the desk that's in the room, with his head down. You carefully climb out of bed and walk over to him, "Honey..?"

Namjoon responds with a sniffle from his nose. "Mm...I'm sorry hun...please go back to sleep." He says, keeping his head down.

You don't leave. You crouch down and rub his back. "Come on...let me see your face. What's the matter?" You ask softly and sympathetically.

Namjoon hesitantly lifts his head up and looks at you with tears on his face. "I-I'm okay..."

"Was it a nightmare..?"

He nods his head, looking down.

You stand up and sit in his lap, letting him rest his head against your shoulder.

He hugs your waist and buries his face in your shoulder as you caress his head. His breathing was gentle by the second, meaning he was calming down. "Thank you..."

"No need to thank me. I'll just hold you."