❝nightmares❞ - y/n⚥ x jjk

nightmares; yours

"Baby. I want you back here at no later than 10 pm."

You roll your eyes. "Yes your highness, no later than 10 pm." you grab your bag, hanging it over your shoulder.

Jungkook, your boyfriend, smiles. "Good. I love you." He says.

You blush. "I love you, too. See you later." You leave the apartment and lock it behind you. Tonight you and your friends are going to the Night Carnival that you do every year. Bringing Jungkook along would break the tradition, and he understands.

While you were out, you rode rides, played games and ate snacks. The last thing you all did before leaving was do the haunted house. You've been through many haunted houses but this year they ordered a new one, which made you even more excited.

However, that haunted house scared the daylights out of you and your friends. One of them even ended up sobbing while inside. "I-I'm going to h-head home now guys." You stutter, leaving the carnival.

By the time you got into your car you didn't even realize it was past 10. "Damnit..." You curse under your breath. "I'll never hear the end of it now..." You start your car and drive back to your apartment.

- 12 minutes later -

Unlocking the door, you enter your apartment. You take off your shoes and put your bag down. As you made your way to the kitchen, you flinched seeing Jungkook standing there with his arms crossed and his eyebrow raised. You sigh, fully expecting this. "Hi babe."

"Don't 'babe' me. Mind telling me why you're almost 30 minutes late?" He asks straight up.

You shrug carelessly. "I lost track of time." You say, walking past him and getting a water bottle from the fridge. 

"Y/n, I was worried sick." 

You close the fridge. "Then you should have called."

"I didn't want to."

"Why not?"

"Because I trusted you were out with your friends having fun. I didn't want to bother you, since this carnival means a lot to you." 

Your heart melts. Placing your water bottle on the counter you walk over to him and hug him, "I lost track of time...I'm sorry I worried you." You mumble into his chest. 

Jungkook is a sucker for your softness so he gives in. "It's alright. I'm just glad you're okay." He hugs you back, resting his head on top of yours. "Did you have a good time?"

You nod your head, "Yeah, it was fun." You rub your eyes of slight tiredness.

He noticed, "Someone's a sleepy head. Is it past your bedtime?" He teases, squishing your sleepy face with his hands. 

You playfully push him away. "Cut it out..."

Jungkook kisses your cheek. "Come. I'll start your shower so you can sleep." He offers his hand out to you.

You hold his hand and let him lead you to the bathroom.

- 30 minutes later -

You and Jungkook were in bed. You said you were tired, which you are, but for some reason you couldn't sleep. Everytime you closed your eyes, the images of the haunted house showed up. Looking over at Jungkook you see him sleeping soundly, which made you pout. "This is going to be a long night..." You mumble quietly.

It felt like hours of tossing and turning. Your eyes began to well up with tears because your frustrated and tired. Turning over again you tried making yourself comfortable, but then you felt someone hug you from behind keeping you still. "Why are you still awake..?" Jungkook asks, with his eyes still closed.

You sniffle. "At the carnival...we did the haunted house..." You confess, trying to hold back your emotions. "It really scared me this time...and now I can't sleep..." You whimper.

Jungkook leaves gentle kisses on your neck. "I'm here darling. I'll protect you." He says, caressing your stomach hoping to make you feel better. It did.

After knowing that Jungkook will protect you, you closed your eyes again and this time the thoughts disappeared. You finally fell asleep almost instantly due to exhaustion. Thanks to your boyfriend.