Chapter One

Copyright © 2020 | All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

November 1st, 2006
Los Angeles, California
6729 East Harvard Street

My alarm went off at 5:30 this morning. I'm not a morning person and I knew taking this role would test that. I laid there for a few minutes before getting up and heading into the bathroom to shower. After my shower, I got out wrapping the towel around me.

I stood in front of the mirror looking over myself. From my hair down to my feet. I picked up my brush and started running it through my hair, water running down my back. I felt fur against my feet and looked down noticing my cat, Chauncey. I bend picking her up.

"Hi baby, are you hungry?" I laid my brush down and padded into the kitchen to make her some food. After I got her situated I head back to my room to finish getting ready. I threw on a pair of leggings and the nicest t-shirt I could find before slipping on my Ugg's.

I went into the kitchen to check on Chauncey, "Okay, I'm leaving now. Not that you care" I grabbed my purse, phone, and keys heading out of the door.

Once I got to my car, I climbed in starting it up. I pulled out and headed to the CBS studio.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

"So, does anybody know who the new actress is we are getting?" I ask walking into the room for our table read. I'm AJ Cook by the way, I play SSA Jennifer Jareau on Criminal Minds.

"Something Brewster, Paige, Jessica..." Shemar said as he ate his breakfast for the hour. I sat down beside him stealing a piece of bacon.

"He means Paget Brewster. She's been on Friends, Max Q, Let's Talk About Sex, and some other things" Kristen said walking into the room with our morning coffee.

"Oh yeah, I've seen her on Friends." We sat around talking as we waited for the rest of the cast to come in. She was the last one to arrive and I noticed that her seat was beside mine. I was kind of excited to be honest.

"Hi, I'm AJ. You must be Paget?" I held my hand out and she shook it before sitting down.

"Hi and yup that's what they say" I smile at her as we go around the table introducing ourselves for the day. I listen closely once it gets to her.

"Hi, I'm Paget Brewster, I play the role of SSA Emily Prentiss" I love the way her name rolls off her tongue. I shake my head at that thought. I'm married why am I thinking about another woman?

Our table read was longer than usual today since Paget just started. Everyone seemed to like her so far, she fit right in.

"So, Paget have you ever done this kind of acting before?" Kristen asks as we sit around eating lunch.

"I have not actually. This will be my first serious role. I'm used to comedy or voice acting so we shall see" I kept stealing glances at her as she talked. Her teeth were so white, her smile was bright (plus she has dimples), her long black hair.. HOLY SHIT I THINK IM CRUSHING ON HER. I looked at Kristen with a panicked look.

"Uh, we will be back" she got and grabbed my arm pulling me away from everyone. We finally made it back to my trailer. "What's wrong AJ?" She sat on the couch as I paced in front of her.

"I think I have a crush on Paget!" I blurted out. She looked at me with wide eyes before smiling.

"Aw sweetie! That's normal, I mean she is very attractive. I have a crush on Shemar."

"That's normal Kristen! You aren't married! This has to stay between us. Don't make it weird around her"

"I promise! But it's going to be fine, it will blow over and you'll forget about her when you see Nate tonight. That man is God!" I chuckled at her as we exited my trailer to go back inside. We were already dressed in our outfits for filming.

"Babygirl! Why y'all run off?!" Shemar asked once we walked back inside.

"Uh.."

"I needed a tampon if you must know" Kristen said covering up for me. Paget looked at me then away going back to Matthew, it looked like he was showing her something. Yeah I'm screwed.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

Criminal Minds Set
Interior - Unit Chief Aaron Hotchner Office
'The Last Word'

I watch from the sidelines as Paget and Thomas went through their scenes together. They have such amazing chemistry already.

"THAT'S A WRAP!" The director yells, ending the day.

"Great job Paget, you did amazing!" Jeff, the producer, said.

"Thank you!" I watch as her and Thomas talk to one another before she leaves to her trailer.

"Go talk to her" Kristen whispers into my ear. I look at her with wide eyes.

"What? I can't do that!"

"Yes you can, go be a good cast mate" I sigh and roll my eyes walking off set. I make my way to her trailer and knock on the door. "Come in" I hear. I open the door and walk in.

"Hey"

"Oh hi AJ! Do you guys need me again?"

"Uh, no. Just wanted to say you did good on your first day! You're gonna be an amazing addition to the cast" she smiled at me and I got butterflies.

"Thank you! You did amazing too even though this is natural for you" I stood there for minute.

"Thank you.. Well, I guess I better get going. I'll see you tomorrow"

"Okay goodnight AJ" I waved goodnight and left, letting out the air I was holding.

Yup, I'm screwed.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

This is a different story for me! This is a rough draft, nothing is final. Might un-publish it if it's not something y'all wanna read.

Let me know in the comments babies 🥰♥️