Chapter Fourteen

August 22nd, 2008
Los Angeles, California
The Cook Household

I haven't seen Paget since my birthday. A month to be exact. She has called and messaged me none stop after that night. She's dropped by a few times too even sent Kirsten over. Random flowers show up at my door along with my favorite food, kettle chips. She knows I have a weakness for those especially since I'm 8 1/2 months pregnant now. Baby boy is doing fine by the way.

Nate came and got the rest of his stuff a few days ago, I left the house while he did so. I felt alone. I got a new bedroom set, I got rid of the furniture in the guest room and made that the babies room.

A part of me wanted to call Paget and work things out. I knew I overreacted to her hanging out with Steve, that's part of why I haven't been talking to her. I knew I was wrong for yelling at her when Nate and I were the ones to kiss. I didn't hang with her at the party, I didn't say thank you for anything, I was honestly being the worse girlfriend ever! But, here I am, mad at her. I should've pulled away but I wanted that to be the last good memory we had. He signed his rights away to the baby, he said he would still visit but I don't know how true that is.

I'm currently at Whole Foods doing some grocery shopping, when I hear my name being called. It's not AJ though, they're calling me Andrea and I know it's her. Her voice is like no other. I try to ignore it but I can hear feet running up to me.

"Andrea" she says as she finally reaches me. I stop and stare down at the cart before turning around to face her. Her eyes drop down to my swollen stomach, it's gotten bigger since she's seen me last.

"What do you want Paget?"

"Can we please talk?" Even when I'm trying to give her the cold shoulder, she still gives me butterflies.

"Come by tonight" with that I walk away from her to finish my shopping, this is not a conversation that the world needs to hear about in the morning.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

I watch as AJ walks away from me. She looks so beautiful, she's glowing. Her belly has gotten bigger too, I wish I could hold her and feel our baby kick. I leave the store without finishing my shopping. I get in my car and head back home. I sit on the couch sipping wine staring at the clock. 12pm. I still have until about 5 or 6 o'clock before I go over.

I go upstairs and go to my nightstand, I pull open the drawer and take out the small black box I had tucked away. I look down at the sparkling object with tears in my eyes. This is not how life is suppose to be going right now.

After she left from seeing Steve and I, I kicked him out. Was I planning on getting revenge on her that night? Yes. But that was a dumb idea. I had the best woman anybody could want and I was about to fuck that up. I placed the box back in the drawer and started cleaning the house. I've probably left my apartment 5 times since everything happened. I eat take out every night because I haven't gone grocery shopping, I'm used to AJ being here and us cooking together or me being with her at her place.

It's 4 o'clock when my phone pings.

"Bring ice cream and I might let you in" - Andrea

I smile when I read the text. I place my phone down and go into the bathroom to shower really quick. After my shower I get out and throw on some skinny jeans, a white shirt, and my vans. I place a light windbreaker on and grab everything I needed, including the black box, leaving.

I stopped by the store and grabbed her favorite ice cream, Coffee Chocolate Chip, it's been a favorite of hers since she got pregnant. It's the closest thing she'll get to coffee. I also grab some other snacks and candy.

Once I make it to her house I sit outside for a few minutes calming my nerves. My phone pings again.

"You're going to let my ice cream melt" I chuckle and turn my car off climbing out with her bag of goodies. I make my way up the sidewalk with quick steps, I can't wait to have her in my arms.

I knock on the door instead of using my key. When it opens I stand there and stare at her, taking in all her beauty. She's wearing one of my shirts I left over a while ago, it doesn't quite fit since her belly is expanding. A hint of her skin is peeking out, she has on some black biker shorts and she's barefoot. Her hair is flowing down her back with her natural beach waves, the smell of tacos drift from the kitchen and the sounds of Jazz music coming from the house speakers.

"Hi" she says.

"Hi" I smile at her as we stand there staring at one another.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

A QUICK UPDATE!

What should our girls do? Work things out or just remain friends?

Should they move into a bigger place before the baby or keep the living arrangements they have?

More drama or keep it chill?

^^^^ this is your chance to vote, so comment what you think!

Hope you guys are still enjoying! ❤️😘