Chapter Seventeen

October 11th, 2008
Oshawa, Canada
Cook Household

We are in Canada for Thanksgiving that's taking place in a few days. Mekhai is 6 weeks old and was cleared to fly and I'm so excited for everyone to meet him. Paget is also with me with me this year, I'm excited for her to meet everyone as well.

I stare at Paget as she drives through the streets to my family's house. Memories start flooding through me as we pass buildings and fields I used to hang around in. Her right hand is gripping my thigh, I know she's anxious and nervous about meeting everyone.

"Baby, do you mind loosing your grip?"

"My bad, sorry" I chuckle and grab her hand bringing it to my lips.

"They're going to love you, I promise. You have nothing to worry about okay?" She sighs as we stop at a red light. She looks over at me. I pout and grab her face planting a kiss on her lips. I reach up and wipe away the lipstick stain I left.

"I know but I've never met anyone's parents before. I'm kinda new to this. Plus we have a child without being married and I basically broke up your marriage"

"While all that is true that won't change how they feel. I've explained to them that you had nothing to do with my marriage ending. We both weren't happy. And us having a kid.. Technically we weren't together, so you're all good. You've already met my mom. And she loves you"

"I guess you're right." We talked until we arrived at my parents house. There were cars already lined up along the street. I smiled when I seen my brother and sisters car. Paget helped me out of the car before handing me Mekhai. She grabbed the diaper bag and we headed up the walkway to the porch.

"You're finally here!" My mom said coming outside. I smiled as I walked up the stairs to give her a hug. She said hello to Emily before taking Mekhai away from me. We both rolled our eyes following her inside.

"Hi, you're here!" My sister Angela said coming over to me, we pulled each other a hug tightly squeezing one another. My brothers came over next hugging me. I was the youngest of us four.

"How are you sissy?" Nathan asked.

"I'm doing good. I want you to meet Paget. Paget, these are my brothers Nathan and Paul. Then my sister Angela"

"Hi, it's nice to meet you guys" she shook everyone's hand then wrapped her arm around my shoulders pulling me close.

"Like wise. We've heard so much about you." We made our way into the backyard where my parents have a covered patio and a fireplace in the middle. My mom was already sitting down with Mekhai. Paget and I took our seats beside her.

"So, Paget. Have you ever been to Canada before?" My brother Paul asked handing her a beer.

"I have. A few years ago for a small movie I was doing. I don't remember the place either." She replied wrapping an arm around me, I snuggled into her side. She smelled so good and she was so warm.

"We are gonna have to show you around then." I rolled my eyes, all they want to do is question her about us.

"If you're going to question her about our relationship, just do it right now you dork" he threw a throw pillow at me. Paget chuckled beside me.

"All I want to know is what are your intentions with my baby sister?"

"Well, I've known about Andrea for a while before we even met. I've had a crush on her for years, but begin around her made me fall in love if we are being honest. I just want to treat her right and love her the best that I can. We just click. She gets me and I get her. And it sucks that things had to happen the way they did, but, I wouldn't change a thing about it. She means the world to me and so does Mekhai. I would never do anything to purposely hurt them or make them feel unwanted."

"Do you wanna marry her?" I look up at her as she looks down at me, a small smile comes to her face.

"I do. But, I also do not want to rush anything. I mean she just went through a divorce and being with a woman is very different. But, yes I do want to marry her, eventually" she leans down pressing our lips together. I pull back when I hear Mekhai let out a cry. I go to get up but she stops me. She grabs him from my mom walking away to go inside. It's about time for his feeding.

We sit outside for another hour before we called it a night. It was reaching 9:30. I say goodnight to everyone before heading inside, I went upstairs to the room we were staying in. A smile came to my face when I saw Paget standing by the window with Mekhai. She was talking to him.

"You know buddy I really do love your mom. She's the reason why you and I are here today together. You were the missing piece I never knew I needed plus you smell so good. My little piece of heaven. I know sometimes I let you cry but I gotta make your bottle or wake up. But in like a week or so, you gotta go to Aunt Kirsten's house. Mommy and I need alone time" I cleared my throat walking fully into the room. She turned towards me blushing.

"What are you saying to our son?" I walk over to where they are and I see Mekhai looking up at her with wide eyes. He is so in love with her. Same here buddy, same here.

"Just bonding, that's all. Everyone finally call it a night?" She asks laying Mekhai in the crib my mom had for him. She took me into her arms, I wrapped my arms around her neck, her hands around my waist as we started dancing around the room.

"Yes, after you left they drilled me with questions of course but everyone loves you and is excited to speak more with you."

"I'm excited to speak with them as well." We danced to nothing for about 10 minutes before I started to get sleepy. We stripped from our clothes and climbed into the shower while Mekhai slept. After that we got dressed and climbed into bed.

"I love you Paget"

"I love you too Andrea, thank you" we shared a kiss before tangling together falling asleep.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

Ahhh Paget is meeting the family. An ex might drop through 👀 there might be someone who doesn't like Paget, or something else could go wrong..

Stay tuned 😈🤪

Hope y'all enjoying the story!