Chapter Twelve

May 11th, 2008
Los Angeles, California
6729 East Harvard Street

I woke up to the sound of moving in my apartment. I glanced at my clock and noticed that it was 3am. I laid there listening. I heard the tv cut on. I got up and slipped my robe on making my way to living room. As I reached the bottom of the stairs I heard soft talking.

"I don't know what to do Chauncey. Your mommy doesn't want me.." Chauncey meows "I know! I should've left Nate the second I got the divorce papers but I wanted to make it work.." I hear sniffing "I'm kind of scared to have a baby. I mean you're kinda like a baby right? I take care of you pretty well, when I'm here" Another meow "Yeah you're a princess that's for sure" I smile as I listen to AJ talk to Chauncey.

She sometimes shows up at random times to just sit in my apartment, I've found her a time or two asleep on the couch.

"Hey" I see her jump and turn towards me. I slowly make my way over to her.

"Hi" she whispers as I take a seat beside her. "Sorry if I woke you up"

"You didn't wake me. You okay?"

"Yeah.. Just.. I can't stay with him.. It doesn't feel right anymore."

"What doesn't feel right?"

"Staying with him even though I'm in love with you. I don't want to have this baby in a world of confusion when they come into the world. I want them to have a stable home you know?"

"Why didn't you sign the papers?"

"You heard that?" I nod. She sighs and starts picking at her nails. "I didn't want anybody mad at me. I mean Nate and I've been together for almost 6 years and then you come along and ruin me" we both chuckle "But seriously, I thought my crush on you was just a phase and that it would go away but being around you and knowing you changes things. I want this baby to know real love. To know that even though you're with someone for years that it doesn't mean that they're always your soulmate. Things change, people change."

"So why are you here?"

"After I went home from set, Nate was home. I knew that something was wrong or going on. We both sat down and talked. We both want different things, we both have a different path in life. Long story short, he's gonna go back to Utah while I stay here for work obviously. As much as we want to go through this pregnancy together, it's not healthy because all we do is fight and argue about the long hours I work. I needed to get away and just have time to think and process everything. Plus, I wanted to see you, to answer your question."

"Are you guys staying together or divorcing?"

"We are divorcing, slowly of course, we don't want people to think that it's because of what you and I are going through and also because of the baby. I don't want that in the news right now. He'll come back here every so often to slowly move things back to Utah and to make sure the baby and I are good" we sit in silence while I took in everything. The tv playing quietly in the background.

"What does that mean for us?" She lets out a big sigh.

"What do you want?"

"I want us. I want to be there for every doctors appointment, for every class you want to go to. I want to be with you. I'll do anything to have you. But if we are going to do this we have to talk to Erica and Jeff to make sure us being together will be okay. I don't want either of us to lose our jobs especially since you were here before me. I want this baby with you no matter who's last name they have" she grabs my hand and lays it against her stomach. I feel a little pudge as my hand lays flat against it.

"No matter who's last name they have you're always gonna be their mom. They're gonna know you regardless of what happens. I don't regret anything between us and I don't regret this baby"

"I guess we are having a baby"

"I guess we are" we smile brightly at each other.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

I woke up to weight on top of me and an eye full of dark hair. Paget and I passed out on the couch early this morning after our talk. We started a movie and fell asleep during it. She has her head laid against my stomach as she sleeps still. I really have to pee but I don't want to wake her. As I go to move her hold on me tightens.

"Baby.." I say moving hair from her face.

"Paget!" She jumps up looking around before she lands on me.

"What's wrong?" I jump and make my way down the hallway trying not to pee.

"I have to pee!" She laughs loudly. I finish up and wash my hands before going back to her.

"What's the plans for the day?" She asks as we go back to the same position we were in. My hands playing with her hair now.

"Well, it is raining today" I say as I point outside where the rain is pouring down. "How about we order some groceries in and have a movie day? I'll cook us some dinner later on" She lets out a yawn.

"That sounds fun actually, what are you thinking about cooking?"

"Hmm how about bake chicken with vegetables and wild rice?" Her stomach growls and I laugh. "Well how about I cook you breakfast first?"

"I'll do it. You lay here and relax. Chauncey will keep you company" she moves up so we are face to face. Her breath hitting my lips as she talks.

"Kiss me" I whisper out staring at her lips. She licks her lips and brings them closer to mine.

"Why should I?"

"Because you love me and I'm very hormonal" she chuckles. She leans closer and my chest heaves up and down as I wait for her to kiss me. I grab her face and smash our lips together. We both sigh as our mouths fuse together, I start grinding up against her.

"God Paget.." I breathe out as she starts kissing my neck, I get goosebumps as she moves further down. Her hands slide under my shirt, her cold hands making my stomach clench.

"You're so soft" she says against my neck. I giggle as her lips tickle me.

"And I'm also hungry, so feed us please"

"Your wish is my command"

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

THE GIRLS ARE TOGETHER 🥰

Thank me later if you want or now 🤷🏾‍♀️

How is everyone liking the story? 👍🏾 or 👎🏾?

What are some changes you want to see after this election? Anything important to you or family? Leave a comment.

Stay tuned!