Chapter Three

DISCLAIMER: JJ is only 24 in this book. She's only been with the BAU for 3 years. Will is not the bad person (yet).

Please don't beat me up if nothing about the case makes sense right now or if this doesn't sound like the mafia. This is new story type for me. Bare with me ♥️

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

February 10th, 2020
Washington, DC
Jareau Household

I got up around 5:30 this morning to get ready for work today. Hotch texted us all last night about a new case we had to look into based in Charlottesville, Virginia. He didn't want to give us details until we all got in.

I'm SSA Jennifer Jareau by the way. I'm a communication liaison for the BAU at the FBI. I'm 24 years old, I'll be 25 this year. I've been with the team for 3 years now. Fresh out of college. I have a boyfriend, his name is Will. He works for the police department.

I was in the closet getting ready when he came in, "Hey Cher" he kissed my cheek grabbing a suit.

"Hey, I thought you were off today?" He sighed getting ready.

"I thought I was too. Got a double homicide" we talked some more as we got ready. We both went downstairs and grabbed coffee to go.

"See you tonight?" I said as we stood by my car.

"I hope so, there's something I want to give you tonight"

"Okay, have a good day. Be safe and I love you"

"I love you too, have a good day." He gave me a kiss before I climbed into my car. I backed out of the driveway and made my way towards the BAU.

...

I was the last one to arrive for the morning, I put my stuff away in my office before making my way down to the conference room.

"Good morning" I said taking my seat beside Spence.

"Good morning, let's get started" Hotch said standing up by the TV. "Over the last few weeks there have been a series of murders in Virginia, more than usual." He passed around the case file to each of us. I started looking through it. "There have been rumors of an Italian Mafia that might have moved into the neighborhood."

"9 days ago, Zack Miller, went to the hospital with a gunshot wound to the knee. He said a woman dressed in all black did it. On that same day, there was reports of a missing older gentleman, Thomas Webster, 65 years old. His body was later found dumped in a lake. Whoever is doing this wants us to know they're here."

"Do we know of any active Mafia family's?" I asked looking through the case file still.

"There's one. The Prentiss Family. It was taken over by Emily Prentiss 5 years ago after her grandfather passed away. I have reached out to foreign affairs about the name."

"Do we have a location on her?" Derek asked.

"No, this is a fairly new case, she hasn't been to the states since she was little, so there hasn't been anything with her name popping up yet."

"So how are we going to find her or prove that they're here?" Luke asked "It's like chasing a ghost"

"That's where I come in" Garcia said standing up "There has been talks of an underground party happening tomorrow tonight with the tag word "мафия" which literally translates to mafia."

"So, they're not trying to hide the fact that they're here are they?" Tara asked.

"No, they're not. Back when I was in Chicago, the mafia wanted you to know they were there, always watching. If anything they've probably already paid people to keep quiet and took over businesses."

"Dave is right. They want us to know they're here and that they're going to take over but we aren't going to let that happen."

"How are we going to stop them or even get intel on what they're doing? You would have to be pretty close with the mafia to find that out unless they slip up one day" Derek asked.

"We are going undercover, well one of us is.." I could feel Hotch's eyes on me and I looked up staring at him.

"Hotch you can't be serious. I've never been undercover before, I don't know what to do"

"We will talk after we are done here" I nodded and sat back in my chair sighing.

...

"Hotch, I can't go undercover" I said once we finally made it into his office.

"And why not Agent Jareau?"

"I don't think I can do it. What if I mess up? Who am I even looking for?" He handed me a picture of this woman. She had long black hair and tattoos everywhere. She was attractive.

"That is Emily Prentiss, Italian Mafia Boss. 27 years old, she inherited the family when her grandfather was killed by another mafia. She is one of the most powerful bosses in all of Italy and rumor has it she is in Virginia to take over."

"Okay but why do I have to go undercover? Can't we find someone else?"

"No we can't. We need a profiler to go in, plus you don't look like a fed as they say. If things go well tomorrow night you're going to be going deep undercover"

"What do you mean deep undercover?" I had a bad feeling about this.

"We need intel on the family and the only way to get that is to get into the family.. You have to fall in love with her and get as much information to us as you can so we can take her down. If I didn't think you could do it, I wouldn't have suggested it."

"Hotch I don't-"

"Jennifer when you joined this team I was afraid to bring you in. I expressed that to the director but he saw something in you. You're one of my best agents I have in and out of the field. If anybody can get someone to open up that's you. We are going be there the whole time if anything happens but you can do this. I know you can"

"Okay, I'll do it." I sat down and we went over everything from start to finish, he had finally received her files from foreign affairs. I had to study her entire life, well as much as we could get. I couldn't help but stare at her picture. A part of me was excited to go undercover and meet her.

We finally finished up for the day. Rossi gave me his credit card so I could get a new dress. I had to dress the part to get Emily's attention. And since he's the only rich one on the team, we are using his money. The FBI wasn't going to approve the undercover job because we didn't have solid evidence to do it. We had to make this work without any failures.

I had to make this work without any failures, God only knows what could happen if I fail.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

Okay, so the timeline is different as you can see.

Emily is 27 and JJ is 24, JJ has only been with the FBI for 3 years.

The date is also different too, we are doing this in modern, present time. It's easier to use a year you're familiar with to use everything you want to use such as certain words, music, styles, and cars.

Also, JJ going deep undercover is going to be something so different and challenging for her.

Stay tuned! 😇🥰