Chapter Eight

April 9th, 2020
St. Anne's-Belfield School

I was outside doing our morning greetings when Emily's SUV pulled up to drop Hannah off. I was keeping my fingers crossed that she was in there today. I didn't see her yesterday, not that I wanted to. I tried not to react when I seen her stepping out of the car. I did NOT need to get worked up around a bunch of kids.

"Hi Hannah!" I said when she ran over to me, Emily following behind her. She was late today. "You're late today"

"Sorry, that was my fault. She wanted Starbucks and I couldn't say no" Emily said once she reached us. I couldn't breathe as she stood there staring at me. I could see her eyes running over my figure. She looked so good in all black.

"It's okay. Just don't let it happen again."

"Yes ma'am, of course" she smiles at me and I get butterflies, that alone could make me melt.

"Okay Hannah. Let's get to class" she gave Emily a hug before she turned going inside. I had to get away from her so I didn't pass out. She's already taking affect on me!

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

When school and our after school program ended today, we had a three day weekend ahead of us because of Good Friday and Easter. This was going to be my first holiday alone and I'm kind of sad about it. I'm outside with Hannah, waiting on Emily to come and get her but once again, she's late.

"How about I take you home?" I said to Hannah as we stood there waiting. I already had all my stuff together to go home. It was going on 6 o'clock now. Our after school program ended at 5:30.

"Okay! But, I'm suppose to go to Emmy's house today. My mommy has to work." We start walking towards my car.

"Okay, can you tell me where she lives?"

"Yup, I sure can! She has a really BIG house" I chuckle as we climb into my car. I make sure she's buckled in before pulling out of the parking lot. I had to pretend like I didn't know where I was going. I pulled into the gate and made my way up the driveway after the guards let me through. Hannah wasn't lying when she said it was a big house.

I walked up the steps with Hannah as we made our way to the front door. She raced inside yelling for Marco and Emily. I stood in the foyer, looking around. It was so beautiful and elegant in here. She really had a taste for interior design. I was looking at the pictures in the wall when I heard her voice behind me.

"That's an original Edward Hopper called, Chop Suey. It was a gift from my mother when I moved here." I could feel her close to me as we both looked at the picture. I just didn't want to turn around just yet. "I apologize for not picking up Hannah. I was in a meeting that went over time." I finally stepped away a little turning towards her. I ran my eyes over her figure, taking in the suit.

"It's okay. I didn't mind dropping her off. Well, I better get going.." I went to walk away when I felt her grab my wrist, stopping me.

"Stay for dinner. As a thank you." I stood there, thinking. It's now or never.

"Okay, but I can't stay long" she smiles and places her hand on the small of my back as we walk further into the house. It smells amazing as we reach the dining room, her chef was placing food on the table. There were already people seated around the table, including Hannah.

"Sit by me!" Hannah said. I chuckled and took the ONLY seat that was left beside her.

"Let's say grace" Emily said. We bowed our head as she prayed. The food that was prepared was out of this world. I listened as everyone talked and let me just say, Italians are loud.

"Aye, shut the fuck!" Emily yelled when Marco tried telling me an embarrassing story about her. I giggled as they got up play fighting. She's not as bad as people label her.

...

"Emmy, can Ms. Jones stay for ice cream?" Hannah asked after dinner ended around 8:45. It was only Hannah, Emily, Marco, and I left. I guess the others had jobs to handle.

"Uh, I don't know princess. Ms. Jones probably wants to get home for the night" I sat there listening to them talk.

"Can you please stay for ice cream?" Hannah turned towards me asking, with her best puppy dog eyes. I can't say no to that face.

"Okay, one bowl then I have to go home"

"YES! Marco, come on!" She said getting up, she went around dragging Marco from his seat. I can tell she's the boss when she's around. Aren't all little girls though?

We got up going into the living room. Hannah and Marco walk into the room with bowls of ice cream for us. Hannah sits between Emily and I as we eat. Frozen playing on the TV. Hannah fell asleep halfway through the movie, her head in my lap and her feet in Emily's.

"Let me take her upstairs" she carefully grabbed her, taking her upstairs. I sat on the couch, waiting for her to come back. I was so nervous to be here right now.

"Okay, I'm back. Did you enjoy dinner?" She asked as we sat closely on the couch.

"I did, thank you by the way. It was amazing"

"Of course Jennifer" we sat in silence for a little bit until I decided to head out.

"I guess I should get going.." we got up walking outside to my car. I leaned against it as she stood in front of me. I licked my licks tracing my eyes over her tattoos. Especially the one on her hand.

"Go on a date with me" I heard her say. My head snapped up, looking at her.

"When?"

"Tomorrow night. I'll come get you" I bite my lip thinking about it.

"Okay." She hands me her phone and I put my number into it. She steps back and opens my door for me. I climb in. She leans down and places a kiss against my cheek.

"Drive safely"

"I will" she closes the door and I start my car up, pulling away, going home.

Holy shit, I can't believe I had dinner with Emily Prentiss, PLUS I GET A DATE WITH HER.

This has to be to good to be true.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

👀👀 OUR BABIES ARE FINALLY HANGING OUT. Oop-

Where should Emily take her or what should they do?

So juicy stuff will be happening soon 😈

Hope you're enjoying! 😘