Rough Start To The Day

Todoroki jolted upwards, immediately being hit with a massive head ache. 'That was one of the more vivid nightmares I've had.' He thought about last night's dream. He dreamt of burning to a crisp like his brother did. He held his arms and stood up. Todoroki woke up feeling a little dizzy. He just couldn't shake the tired feeling usually only felt when you first wake up. 'I know that I was a little out of it last night, but I was sick only a few days ago. I can't take another day off. But what if I have what Midoryia and Bakugou had?' Todoroki shook off the nerves as best he could and got dressed for school.

Shoto arrived at school a few minutes late. His first tardy of the year. He opened the door and quietly walked to his desk to sit down. Aizawa made eye contact with Todoroki to acknowledge his presence and then continued teaching. Shoto thought he saw Aizawa take a second glance, but he wasn't sure. He was trying to pay attention to the writing on the board, but everything went blurry and before he knew it, class was over.

Todoroki tried to exit to go to his next class, but Aizawa stopped him. "Todoroki, a word." Everyone else left the classroom as Shoto made his way over to Aizawa's desk. "With all due respect Sensei, I need to get to my next class. I do not want to be late, again." In reality, Shoto wasn't sure if he could stand still for very long without collapsing and wanted to hurry this conversation along. "I understand, but due to the recent illnesses in the dorms, I'm being more diligent with the health of my students. Your being late is already surprising enough. You're also incredibly pale and you seemed generally unfocused the entire class." "I'm sorry sir, I'll try to pay better attention tomorrow." Todoroki tried to walk out of the classroom. "That's not what I meant." Shoto paused at the door of the classroom. "Todoroki?" Shoto continued walking to his next class.

Todoroki shambled through the halls mindlessly. He finally arrived at his next class about 10 minutes late. His teacher immediately recognized his condition and let it slide. The rest of the school day was spent mindlessly droning, as if on autopilot.

As close as the dorms are to the school, Shoto knew he wasn't going to make it that far. He got hit with a wave of dizziness. He went to the side of the school and slid down the side of the building.

Everything went silent as his consciousness left him.