Peeling

Deku immediately knew something was wrong. He used One For All to quickly climb the stairs and run up to Todoroki's room.

He flung open the door just in time to see Todoroki's eye and hand get fully covered.

"Todoroki?" He gazed upon his dear friend with horror. His eyes darted back and forth as he pondered on how to save his friend.

Todoroki's eyes closed slowly under the frost.

That's when Deku saw him. "AIZAWA SENSEI!" He went over and shook Aizawa with all he had, despite knowing it could get him in trouble. It felt wrong to lay a hand on his teacher, but Todoroki needed him.

Aizawa squeezed his eyes tightly. "What?" His voice was deeper than Deku had ever heard it before.

"I-it's Todoroki. He's frozen himself. Help him!"

Aizawa's eyes shot open, immediately using his quirk and scanning for Todoroki, only to find him on the ground next to his night stand.

Shoto's breathing finally began to be able to thaw the frost around his mouth. You could hear a quiet wheeze escaping him, although he had not yet regained consciousness.

"Let's get this off of him." Aizawa groaned. As Todoroki's core temperature began to return back to normal, the frost became easier to peel off of him. He was like a toad coming out of its winter hibernation.

"This kid. Why didn't he ask for help before it got this bad?" Aizawa said under his breath. "Well, you know Todoroki. He's reckless independence to a T. He never asks for help, even when it's right there." Deku responded. "I suppose. Reminds me of a few other students." Aizawa remarked.

Deku laughed awkwardly. "Let's just finish getting this stuff off of him so he can warm up."

It began to replace itself. Aizawa used his quirk to temporarily prevent that. "I'm not sure why this is happening." Aizawa felt Todoroki's forehead. "He's not running a temperature anymore."

Luckily the frost that hadn't already been peeled came off in two giant sheets once it had unstuck from his clothes. One in the front and one from his back.

Deku wiped his face. He sniffled. "Are you alright, Midoriya?" Aizawa asked, almost sounding concerned. "Of course I am. Let's just focus on Todoroki."

Once he was thoroughly peeled and was no longer growing frost, they laid him back down on his bed.

Izuku's eyes were red and puffy. "Midoriya." "I'm fine." "Reckless independence. Isn't that how you described it?" "I-."

Todoroki shot up. He seemed confused. He was hyperventilating. Frost skated up his arm. Aizawa used erasure once again.

Deku hugged onto Todoroki. Shoto turned to Izuku. He seemed to calm down a little bit. "Are you okay?" He asked Midoriya. "Why does everyone keep asking that? I'm fine."

Todoroki hugged Izuku back. "You're okay." Izuku whispered to Shoto a few times. "I'm sorry that I wasn't here to help you. I should have been here. I'm not going to leave you alone again while you still need help."

'There it is.' Aizawa thought.