The Frost

Shoto used his right arm to turn his body over. He looked to Aizawa for assistance.

Only to see that Aizawa was asleep.

Not only was he asleep, but he started to snore. He was out cold.

Todoroki felt the cold spread faster as he began to panic. His arm being pinned to his side allowed the frost to begin to spread from his hip-outward in all directions. It went up towards his armpit, down towards his thigh, and inwards towards both his back and stomach.

He thought about using his right side to correct it, but who knows how that would go? He could burn a hole in the ceiling or harm Mr. Aizawa.

The frost was now halfway between his elbow and his shoulder. It kept getting faster.

"Mr. Aizawa!" He whisper-yelled.

He felt sweat drip down his forehead from exhaustion and his left hand cramping terribly. He began to breathe faster.

"Mr. Aizawa!" He said a bit louder.

He started hyperventilating. His eyes pooled with tears. He felt the frost began to creep up his neck and engulf all but the foot of the left side of his body. He could see his own breath in the comparatively warm room. His fingers and lips were turning blue. He could feel his lungs tightening.

He tried to yell. "MR. AI-!"

The frost clung to his jaw, forcing it in place. He felt his tongue go numb.

Tears were fully streaming down his face by the time it covered his left eye and began to spread to the right side of his body.

Then he remembered his phone.

But where was it? He couldn't remember where he had placed it down at.

He scanned the room for any sign of it. A simple black phone was hard to locate in his dark, dimly-colored room.

That's when he remembered, of course! He had set it down on his nightstand. He quickly looked to his nightstand as the frost fully engulfed his mouth.

But it wasn't there.

'Fuck!' He thought. Maybe it was somewhere on the ground around the nightstand?

'I plugged it in, didn't I?' He thought. He was sure he had. So he looked to the wall socket. There was his white charger plugged into the wall still.

He followed the charger's chord with his right eye. 'There it is!' He tried to bend down, but was too stiff from the ice.

Shoto used his right hand to guide his stiff body down, off of the bed and onto the ground, where his phone was.

It took him a minute. By the time he finally got down there it was hard to see with his partially covered right eye. It also managed to finish covering his nose.

He picked up the phone with his free hand and swiped it open. Thank goodness he didn't have a passcode or any sort of lock on his Lock Screen, just a simple swipe up.

The frost began to stiffen his right elbow. His hand was shaking and he was beginning to run out of oxygen. Tears were still streaming out of his right eye.

He opened the green messaging app on his phone  with a singular *tap*. Luckily, Midoriya's name was on top, as he was the last person Todoroki had messaged.

Shoto tapped on Midoriya's profile icon. He managed to type the word "cold" before his vision started to blur between lack of oxygen, extreme exhaustion, and the obvious cold. He tapped send four or five times before the message actually sent.

Midoriya's phone went off. He excused himself to go check the notification. He opened his phone to see a message from Todoroki. "cold" was all it said.

Deku immediately knew something was wrong.