"They Don't."

The door swung open, Recovery Girl awaiting inside.

"Okay, which one of you is it this time? You've really got to stop fighting." She scolded. Deku shook his head. "No you old hag! Deku here burnt his stupid arm. Apparently he startled Todoroki or something." Bakugou scoffed.

Deku held out his arm, looking away from it.

"You didn't think to cover it?! Disinfecting is going to hurt even worse than it already would." Recovery Girl glared at Midoriya.

She went to go get the disinfectant from a nearby cabinet.

"So.... How is Shoto? The illness was still running rampant in his system last I heard." Recovery Girl questioned. Deku nodded with a hum.

Bakugou looked away from the conversation and began to zone out.

"Perhaps when his condition stabilizes and lessens in severity I could take a sample for testing. We could finally figure out what this bug is that's going through the class, currently." Recovery Girl offered. "Maybe. But Todoroki is having more trouble with his quirk than even I or Kacchan had. You'd have to ask Mr. Aizawa." Deku cautiously responded.

Shoto closed the door behind him. He could hear Aizawa sigh on the other side. His door opened. He assumed Uraraka left.

Shoto began to slip his shirt up. He could feel his cold hands graze against his much warmer stomach. He felt the same sensation on his forehead as he lifted his shirt above his head.

He finished taking off his clothes and threw them with a slap against the sink. Shoto turned on the hot water and put his finger tips in the test the temperature.

Shoto adjusted the temperature for a moment before slowly getting in the shower. He ran his hair under the water.

He sat down and began to zone out. He closed his eyes gently and leaned his head against the wall.

Deku sat on one of the chairs in Recovery Girl's office. Bakugou sat next to him.

"Okay, you know the drill. You'll feel a bit tired but you'll be back to normal in no time." She explained. Deku nodded. Bakugou continued to space out.

Recovery Girl kissed Deku on the top of the head. Immediately Midoriya could tell the difference in his wound. It was fascinating for him to watch.

Recovery Girl handed Deku a candy.

Bakugou looked back at Deku, only to see his face bright red.

"What the hell's your problem? Are you sick again or something?" Bakugou grabbed Deku's hand harshly.

Deku was looking at his new scar. He looked away and then put his other hand over it. "I'm fine."

Bakugou lifted his arm and pulled Deku's hand off of the burn. "You've got another scar."

Deku nodded. He looked down at his hands and back onto the burn.

Bakugou let go of Deku and walked out of the nurse's office. Deku followed.

Bakugou led Deku into a nearby bathroom. He closed the door and took his shirt off. Deku looked away bashfully.

"Damn Deku, it's not like I have titties. I'm trying to show you something, you idiot." Deku looked back at Bakugou.

Scars.

There were slash marks and burns and a plethora of other scars across Bakugou's back, sides, stomach, and arms.

Deku was speechless.

Then Bakugou held out his hands.

There were star-shaped scars on his palms and smaller ones on his finger-tips.

"Do you think I'm ugly?" Bakugou asked.

"What?"

"Do you think I'm ugly?"

"No, of course not. Your body is as amazing as you are. Your scars just tell your story." Deku put his hand on Bakugou's shoulder.

Bakugou shrugged it off. "Then why would they make you any less than?" Bakugou said angrily.

Deku shrugged.

"They don't." Bakugou lowered his voice.