The Hand

"Oh my god! Deku, are you okay?" Uraraka asked, running over to him. "Yeah, I'm fine. I didn't realize how cold I was." Deku said, trying to hide how much pain he was really in. "Do you want help up or should we just wait it out?" "No, I'm okay. Let's go. I need to get a spare change of clothes from my room." Deku gritted, standing up.

The extra weight immediately tripled the pins and needles, sending him back to the ground. "On second thought, maybe I should sit down until I warm up a little." Uraraka nodded. "Do you want me to bring you a blanket or something?" She asked. "No, I'm okay. The faster I warm up, the more it's going to hurt." "Okay, let me know if you need anything." She slid down the wall next to him.

Uraraka cupped Deku's right hand in between hers and huffed warm air onto it. Deku was cautious of her touching his hand. He was simultaneously worried about its fragility and its appearance.

Despite being wary of warming up too fast, it actually felt nice. Other than it's inherent awkwardness, the small act of kindness helped Deku relax.

After a few minutes, Deku's hand had returned to its normal temperature and the rest of his body was in much less pain than before.

"Okay, I should probably get back to Todoroki and Aizawa. Lunch break probably isn't much longer anyways." Deku tried to push himself up from the floor.

Uraraka pulled his hand up. "Oh, lunch break ended 10 minutes ago." She said calmly after checking her phone.

Midoriya started to panic. "Oh wow, I'm so sorry. You should probably get back to class. I don't want you to miss out because of me." Uraraka chuckled. "It's really okay, Deku. I want to help. This is much more important." She started to walk to Deku's room, checking to see if he was following her. He was.

"There's no way Aizawa would let you miss out on classes." "Well, Vlad King is a lot nicer about tardiness according to Kendo. Apparently he doesn't even mark it unless someone was skipping. Plus, Aizawa is missing classes and he's the teacher!" "I guess." "Also, I just meant to help you until you get back to Todoroki. But it sounds like you guys could use the help."