Chapter 19

Chapter 19: Leaked Thoughts

After almost a week of staying in Azalea Village, we finally decided to return to my favorite yet complicated part of me. The days I had spent in that place helped me ease my thoughts and untangled some confusing parts in my head. But it left me with a new wave of thoughts. It's no longer about my career, and I don't think that's good.

Nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing, should be fucking with my head aside from my career and career alone. It's the only thing that matters to me, after all.

Kristan and I rode my motorcycle again, but I had contacted my manager to meet us halfway. I don't know if it's just because I was not in the mood to drive for hours, or I just didn't feel to drive for someone. Maybe both.

We arranged a rendezvous to a particular vampire-owned restaurant, where we had a hasty lunch. My manager kept his mouth shut about his genuine but apparent intention.

"How's your trip?" Hando asked before shoving a spoon with beef on his mouth. "Mukhang nag-enjoy naman kayo. That's a good thing."

"Where's Lilly?" Kristan asked.

He has been really silent since we departed from that village, but the first thing that came out of his lips was about his abandoned cat.

I silently consumed my food with my teeth heavily pressed on the meat. Napansin ko ang pagtapik ng mga daliri ni Hando sa lamesa na parang naiinip na siya.

"She's in my car." Hando wiped his lips with a table napkin before taking a sip on his wine. "I left the windows slightly opened. He won't suffocate and escape at the same time."

Kristan let out a sigh of relief. "That's good to hear. Thank you for taking care of her. I really appreciate it."

"No worries. Just returning the favor since I know you really did a good job taking care of my favorite woman— vampire, rather."

"You must have enjoyed your vacation with your men, too," I said, something I should haven't since the impression he had on me before I left almost a week ago was already bad enough.

"So... can you drive for us, Mr. Admiral?" tanong ni Hando.

"Sure. I will."

Pagkatapos naming kumain ay umalis na rin kami. Si Kristan ang nagmaneho para sa amin. May sinusundan naman siyang map sa phone ni Hanzo na kasama ko sa backseat.

I placed my back and gently stroked my hair using my fingers. I will rest after we get in the penthouse and have a hair treatment later. My hair felt so sticky and shaggy.

Naramdaman kong gumalaw si Hando sa gilid ko. Yumuko siya para kunin ang isang kulay itim na briefcase. He rummaged through the papers, searching for something.

"You are not looking for a resignation letter, are you?" I sarcastically asked while still brushing my hair.

Nung sa wakas ay nakuha na rin niya ang sadyang papel ay nilabas niya ito saka binaba sa aming mga paa ang briefcase. I tried to get a glimpse of the paper, but he suddenly folded it. But I don't think that's a resignation letter.

"What's that?" I couldn't help but be curious.

"Here." He handed me the paper.

It's a contract about a particular project designed, of course, for me. Simple lang naman ang mga rules ko sa pagtanggap ng mga proyekto at ang pinakaimportante lang naman doon ay hindi ako maaaring magsuot ng damit kung ang kulay ay hindi pula. But that's not what made my forehead crease.

"It's a joint project for you and Kathlysse."

I nibbled my bottom lip as I stared at my manager, who looked stern while looking back at me. I knew he wouldn't allow my issue with Kathlysse to pass just like that.