Chapter 23

Chapter 23: Warm and Comfortable

I phoned my manager that night and informed him about my urgent plan to go home. It was not actually for him to permit me, but to simply adjust my schedules and arrange our flight.

"Go home— what?" Kristan almost choked on his food after I told him about my plan. That would be tonight. Right. That urgent.

"My home. You are going home with me."

He sipped on his wine without disconnecting our eye connection. After our confrontation yesterday, when we got home from work, I locked myself in my room the entire night. I succumbed to the sickness of confusion. It was one of the hardest nights of my life.

"Philippines?" he asked.

"To my father and brothers."

"Pero akala ko ba ay wala ka nang balak na bumalik doon?" Naging mapanuri ang kanyang tingin sa akin. "You are not planning on returning me, right?"

I drank my wine and bobbed my head. I just need to clear up my mind. I think I'm still embodying the Nathalia of Azalea Village. That's not me. Nothing should be troubling my mind except my career and only my career. That's what makes me.

"Are you good now?" he asked.

Natigilan ako sa pag-inom. When did I start to feel not good? I am freaking Nathalia Cardinal. I am supposed to be worry-free and confident.

"I will go where you go," he said. "Just don't drop me off somewhere and leave me. I'm trying my best to fit in your world, Lady Nathalia. Give me more chance."

I stood and placed my plate on the sink. Naghugas ako ng mga kamay. Naramdaman ko ring tumabi sa akin si Kristan para ilagay ang pinagkainan sa sink.

I didn't mind him invading my personal space. Not until he slightly bumped my shoulder. Nadaplisan niya lang 'yon ng braso, pero iba ang naging reaksyon ko.

The next thing I knew, I was already throttling him and pinning his back against the wall. My hand was not simply strangled around his neck. My fingernails were digging slowly into his skin. He was bleeding so much.

"D-don't fucking touch me," I whispered in a low but threatening voice.

He showed no sign of resisting in the middle of bleeding. Even his blood didn't smell appealing to me. All I could feel was guilt as I watched the viscous blood almost cover his neck and white shirt.

It was a horrifying scene— even more, that I did it myself.

Inalis ko ang kamay ko sa kanyang leeg saka humakbang paatras nang limang beses. Hanggang sa naramdaman ko ang pader sa likod ko.

Kristan was on his knees and coughing blood. He even managed to look back at me with nothing, and I hated it even more. How could he still look at me that way after what I did?

"G-go to your room," I said with my shaking voice.

He shook his head and stood. Lumunok siya at tinangkang lumapit sa akin kaya umiling ako sa kanya. He didn't listen. Lumapit pa rin siya hanggang sa ilang pulgada na lang ang layo namin sa isa't isa.

He smiled at me. "So... do you feel better now?"

I gritted my teeth and still felt my sharp fangs sneaking behind my lips. My body felt burning like there was lava flowing through my veins.

"Go to your room, Mr. Admiral. Baka kung ano pa ang magawa ko sa 'yo," madiin kong bigkas habang madilim na nakatingin sa kanya.

He sighed and nodded. "Okay. I will just go to my room to shower and change clothes. I think you should shower, too. Your arms had a stain of blood."