Chapter 33

Chapter 33: Fire

The good thing about being a vampire and a model at the same time is that you don't have to worry about your figure. You don't have to spend time in the gym or eat only diet food to maintain your shape. You just have to drink plenty of fresh blood.

Nitong mga lumipas na araw ay dugo lang ni Kristan ang hinahanap ng katawan ko. Minsan nga ay parang hindi ko na rin malasahan ang alak kung walang halo ng kanyang dugo.

He's spoiling me with his blood. He even said that he finds pleasure when he sees me drinking his own blood. I don't know how that works for him, but I cannot complain about that.

There were also distinguished changes in his physical appearance as the days passed by. His body was colder than before. Even his skin looked pale now. These are some of the characteristics of a heartless vampire.

That's normal. But I still contacted Lady Merryl about it.

"How are you feeling?" Lady Merryl asked him.

I was leaning on the countertop, casually drinking my third wine of the day, while listening to their conversation here in the kitchen.

"I'm good," Kristan simply answered while petting Lilly on his lap. Nakayuko siya kay Lilly bago sumagot uli. "I mean, I feel sensitive sometimes."

"Sensitive?" I asked.

"Nathalia. It's normal," ani Lady Merryl.

"Yeah. It's normal..." Kristan turned to me, his forehead creased in confusion. "I don't understand what's with this interrogation? Am I going to die now?"

"Of course not!" I retorted.

"Can you elaborate the cause of your sensitiveness lately, please?" kalmadong tanong ni Lady Merryl. "It's nothing serious, don't worry. I am just curious."

Kristan sighed. "My eyes are sensitive to lights—"

"I have a goddamn collection of shades, didn't you know that?"

"What else?" tanong ni Lady Merryl.

Kristan looked at me before saying, "I saved the address of this place on my phone."

"For what?" I arched a brow.

He swallowed. "Minsan... nakakalimutan ko kung paano umuwi."

"What the fuck, Kristan?!" I blurted out and almost spilled the wine on my chest. "Bakit ngayon mo lang ito sinasabi? These may not matter to you, but..."

I couldn't finish my words. The frustration was eating me up. I know that my reaction was unnecessary, knowing that nothing about what he said yet could be something I should be worried about.

"Is this a sign that I am dying?" tanong uli ni Kristan.

Lady Merryl laughed. "Of course not."

"Am I normal?"

"Honestly speaking, heartless vampires are far from normal," ani Lady Merryl na kinatahimik ni Kristan.

"I-I don't think you worded that right, Lady Merryl." I bit my bottom lip when I noticed how his expression turned sad after he heard that. "Heartless vampires are not different from us."

Nothing about the next part of conversation did bring back his mood. Halos wala ng imik si Kristan buong usapan. Kung hindi tango ay iling lang ang sagot niya. I kind of felt like he didn't just say anything more that could trigger us.

Lady Merryl left, but she informed me about the big event for tomorrow. Siya ang make up artist ko. Sabi niya ay siya na rin ang nag design ng susuotin ko. Good. I didn't really like the other Nathalia.