Chapter 50

This is the last chapter of Never Classic. Epilogue is next. Thank you for reading!

Chapter 50: If home...

I'm such an obsession.

It's unhealthy, but that's what I am. Maybe this is what Kristan meant when he said my beauty was a curse. I am not easy to handle. Only brave men could stand it, and real men deserve it.

"Hey there, honey. I'm sorry I am late," Lady Merryl pushed the glass door and immediately walked in to give me a peck on my cheek. She put her bag and a newspaper on the table.

"It's okay," I smiled at her as I placed the magazine back on the pile of other magazines. I crossed my legs and smirked at her. "You just almost lost your favorite customer."

"That's tragic," she chuckled and winked. "Anyway... let me get us some drink first. You have a lot of stories to tell me. You need to tell me everything."

"I'm not good at telling stories."

"You don't need to be good at it."

I sighed and just nodded. How long has it been?

Habang kumukuha siya ng inumin namin ay napukaw ng diyaryo na dala niya ang atensyon ko. I grabbed it from the table and read the front page.

"It's been seven months since Nathalia Cardinal allegedly vanished without a trace. Where is she now?"

Memories suddenly flooded my mind and drowned me back in that time. My lips stretched into a small smile. They are still looking for me.

"It's not easy to forget such remarkable woman," ani Lady Merryl nung mapansin na hawak ko ang diyaryo niya. "They will count the decades since you disappeared."

I flipped the page to read the content. "It's been almost seven months since Nathalia Cardinal suddenly disappeared. The management of the icon has just released an official statement confirming that her body is one of the remnants they unfortunately recovered inside the burned mansion where Mr. Dylan Carter's body was also found. Why it took them this long to confirm it? Is it really her or just another cover-up story? Is she really dead? Where are you now, Miss Nathalia Cardinal? The world is longing for you."

"Yes. She is dead," I whispered as I crumpled the newspaper. But it will take you time to realize it.

"You will always be remembered." Lady Merryl handed me a glass of wine. "You are a once-in-a-lifetime woman. Your legacy will surely live."

I took a sip on my drink. That's all I want. To be remembered. I know that time can possibly wipe my legacy in the modeling world entirely. But I'm still hoping I had accomplished enough to stand the test of time. I really hope so.

"I love this haircut," I pointed at the magazine. "I want this for me."

"I got you, honey..." Sinimulan na ni Lady Merryl ang pag-aayos sa akin. Kasabay no'n ay ang walang katapusang katanungan niya na sinagot ko sa abot ng aking makakaya. "How have you been?"

I took a deep sigh as I rested my back on the chair.

"Brixton did it," I whispered.

"He really did turn our world upside down. I knew that your brother was such a foolish man, but to come up with such a ridiculous idea? That's a new level of insanity."

I smiled at that thought. "Love pushes no boundaries."

"That's the first time I've heard that word from you after a long time." She gasped and laughed softly. "It truly is, though. Such a powerful feeling. Love."

Alam kong gulo ang naghihintay sa akin pagbalik ko, pero hindi ko inaasahan na gano'n kagulo. The letters they sent me failed to describe how messed everything up. That just made sense when I saw it personally. Even I couldn't fathom what was happening at first.