Chapter 37

I dropped my hands like Alessia showed me and kept my sword in the ready position. My arms ached from the strain of holding the blade, and my feet were spread apart just like how I was shown. Alessia stood in front of me and held her sword in the same position. The blade was pointed directly at me and held by a steady hand.Her eyes were locked onto me, and she watched my every move. Even before I moved, she was reacting to my next strike. Though it was more of a spar than an actual fight. For the last few hours, she showed me various positions with the sword and properly blocked and moved around.

Growing up, I never had much knowledge of the sword and always thought that you blocked with the edge of the blade-like I saw in movies. Instead, you have to block with the flat of the sword and try to deflect the blade the best that you could.We went back and forth once more, a bit faster than before, as I worked at swinging my sword and deflecting hers in the process. It took me a short while to get used to swinging around the sword, but I realized that I actually really enjoyed this as I got better. I loved the feeling of life that coursed through me as we danced around each other, blocking and riposting each strike. I never saw myself as a person who would love stuff like this, but to be fair, I also never would have thought I would have become a domain god.

The wind kicked around me as I stepped backward and deflected the blade as it plunged towards my chest. I wasn't worried about it hurting me since I had complete faith in Alessia. Still, my heartbeat grew heavier in my chest as I felt my arms reach their limit. "Enough." Alessia stopped her blade mid-swing and quickly sheathed it. It really astounded me how well she moved with it. I was, but a child compared to her. She was monstrous, and since she didn't suffer the stamina penalties that I did, it made her all the more terrifying to me. I swallowed a breath of the cool air and rifled through the notifications that have been building up since I started training.

I sat down on the ground, almost moaning from how good it felt to get off my feet. This was hard work, and I did not have the cardio for it just yet. Though I am happy to say that it was getting much easier for me to do it. I could feel my body getting more robust with each passing day. The only thing I had to do now was level up. But I wasn't too keen on killing anything.My eyes lazily glanced at the notifications that had built up since I started today's training. It was handy having something like this, but it was also annoying at times. I brought the notifications up after a brief mental struggle. I just wanted to sleep, but I wanted to get this done first.

Congratulations, you have unlocked the Basic Swordsmanship proficiency

Congratulations, you have unlocked Basic Swordsmanship proficiency II

Congratulations, you have unlocked Basic Swordsmanship Proficiency III

You have gained

+1 Stamina

+1 Dexterity

+1 strength

You have unlocked a new title:

Martial Neophyte: You have begun to walk the path of a true warrior and have slowly started to mold your body into the perfect weapon.

Rewards: +1 Vitality, +1 Endurance

Your domain has unlocked various new undead:

T2: Skeletal Ravager