Nightmares

(POV:Writer(Me))

It was late into the night, the street lights were very dimly lit and every house had it's light out...except one. In a rather large house, a group of men stood discussing various topics, being a bit careful to not wake the other's found in the various rooms.

-"Charles, you have finally lost your senses, this venture is impossible" a man dressed in a black suit and coat told Y/n's father, Charles.

-"For some. Gentlemen, the only way to achieve the impossible is to believe it is possible" he explained.

-"That kind of thinking could ruin you" commented another, standing in the dark corner of the dimly lit room.

-"I'm willing to take that chance"

-"Imagine trading posts in Rangoon, Bangkok, Jakarta-" Charles stopped as he saw his daughter standing by the doorframe.

All the men turned to his direction to see a little girl with y/h/c locks dressed in a white lace nightgown. Her expression showed a frightened one, letting her father know she much needed him.

-"The nightmare again?" he asked her, and she nodded.

-"I won't be long," he told the men and accompanied the little girl to her bedroom, once more.

-"I'm falling down a dark hole, then I see strange creatures," the little girl explained after being tucked into bed.

-"What kind of creatures?" her father asked, a bit intrigued.

-"Well, there is a rabbit...with a waistcoat, a cat with a huge smile and a dodo bird"

-"I didn't know cat's could smile," he told her.

-"Neither did I," she admitted.

-"And there's a caterpillar who smokes from a long pipe"

-"A caterpillar smoking?" she nodded.

-"Do you think I've gone round the bend?" the little girl asked.

-"I'm afraid so, you're mad, bonkers, off your head" he told the little girl, who looked even more afraid than before.

-"But I'll tell you a secret, all the best people are," the little girl laughed.

-"It's only a dream, Y/n, nothing can harm you there"

-"But if you get too frightened, you can always wake up, like this" he pinched the little girl who cried out an 'ow'.

He kissed the top of her head, and bit her a goodnight.

(A/N):

I'm back with a new story! This was a request and I'm very happy to be done with it...although I do think I'll make a part two for this, you'll see at the end.

I'm gonna post one more chapter besides this since I won't be able to tomorrow, I'm going camping and it's kind impossible to write in the woods when there is no service.

I hope you enjoy this story as much as I did writing it.

Bye!