Croquet

(POV:Reader)

There were some card guards...I should really ask Jack what they are called. They had walked in along with some flamingos and little hedgehogs that rolled their way in. The flamingos were red colored, their feathers faded from a dark red to a softer one as they reached the bottom. The little hedgehogs were black. I assumed their little tummies were whites as regular ones tend to be, but they hadn't unrolled themselves so it was to be kept a mystery.

I wonder what type of game includes flamingos and hedgehogs. I don't recall any of the games back home being played alongside animals. Besides horse riding, or dog fights, but that seems too barbaric and illegal to be considered a game.

-"The game is simple, you hit the balls through the six hoops in the sequence they are in" reminds me of golf, I thought.

-"First one to get the ball in all six hoops wins" I nodded.

-"Take your pick" he pointed at the flamingos and hedgehogs.

-"I'm a bit confused, what are the flamingos and hedgehogs for?"

-"I'll show you" he walked to one of the card guards, which were now holding the flamingos...upside down by the legs.

The flamingos were upside down and their feathers had changed to various colors, although they still kept their dark to light fading feathers. The little hedgehogs were still rolled up, but they had changed colors as well. Jack picked up one of the flamingos and pointed at a hedgehog which a card guard placed on the ground near him.

To my horror Jack hit the little hedgehog with the flamingo like a golf club hitting a golf ball. The little hedgehog rolled through two hoops before it stopped. The card guards clapped and a set of random animals dressed in suits clapped as well, when they had entered I had no clue.

-"Your turn" he held his hand out as to gesturing card guards holding the flamingos and hedgehogs.

-"Y-you don't expect me to do that" he looked a bit angered at my words.

-"I expect you to not be rude, especially with the other guests excited to see you play"

I glanced behind me, and the other animals that had arrived earlier were quietly cheering, a few held a thumbs up. I turned back to Jack, who had a smirk on his face, as if challenging me to say no.

With a sad sigh I slowly walked over to the card guards taking a black colored flamingo and a little hedgehog. I placed it down, slowly.

-"I'm really, really sorry, I'll do it softly" they nodded. I hit the flamingo against the hedgehog as softly but un-noticeably as I could. It had rolled over to the first hoop but didn't go through, which to me was good news. It meant I hadn't hurt the two of them as hard.

-"You won't win if you hit the ball so softly" he chuckled, as he hit the little hedgehog once more, going through two more hoops.

-"Well, maybe I don't want to win" I did the same thing as earlier, if anything, hitting it even softer just to annoy him.

We played one more round after the first, I think purposely losing was getting him a bit bored and angry. He can't blame me though, I would much rather lose than win, especially if it meant I could reduce the amount of hits the two little animals got.

After the second round he decided it was time for lunch. So a few yells at the fish servants to get lunch ready, his mood changed once again to a happy one as we walked to the castle. 

(A/N):

Hi! Finally out of school, this week seemed longer than usual ones.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

I won't be able to update until Monday, or if I get back early Sunday night.

Bye!