Painting the Roses Red Part 1

(POV:Reader)

I woke up the next morning from a knock at my door. 'This wasn't a dream, it's really real' I thought as I got up to answer it. A fish dressed in a suit and tie held a silver tray.

-"The Red King sent this, along with an invitation to the gardens after you have finished" I thanked him and took the tray, setting it on the vanity.

After a quick breakfast I dressed in a red dress with gold lacing I had found in the wardrobe. I tied the bow on the back and rushed out of my room to find someone to direct me to the gardens.

-At the Garden Entrance-

The gardens were beautiful, there was a huge labyrinth with white roses covering the bushes and trees. I walked up to Jack, who had a frustrated and angered expression.

-"Is everything alright?"

-"The roses are white" I looked over to the card guards who surrounded a few rabbits.

-"The white roses look-"

-"THERE WHITE NOT RED!" he yelled at the rabbits who trembled with every word.

-"Off with their heads!" he said plainly and the card guards began to drag them away.

-"Wait! Stop!" everyone turned to me, with different expressions on their faces. The rabbits looked shocked but not as much as the card guards who looked ready to take me away as well.

-"Care to say something?"

-"I-I...the white flowers are fine as they are, and if you'd like them red we could always paint them" I offered.

-"And instead of having the rabbits...beheaded, have them help us"

-"You want to paint the roses red?"

-"Yes, in fact it'll be better that way, you'll get the exact color you'd like" I hoped that he'd spare the rabbits and let them keep their heads.

-"You four leave, and you three get red paint, we'll paint the roses red" I smiled, happy to have helped the rabbits keep their heads.

-"You value them too much, they're lower than lower class, little vermin's that can be easily replaced" he scoffed out, and I sighed.

-"All life has value, and should be treated accordingly" I argued.

-"Try telling them that, if it weren't for that oracle they'd have you beheaded as well, why do you think there are no humans here?" I stopped walking, stunned by his question.

-"Never thought of that, have you?" he grinned.

-"They'll get rid of you once you've killed my mother's pet"

-"No they won't, there too ki-"

-"Kind? I thought so too, but trust me, they won't give it a second thought about getting rid of you once you're done"

-"Why do you think the Mad Hatter lives here"

-"Does that mean Frabjous Day is a war between the White and Red" he nodded.

-"Underland is not a dream or fantasy where peace and wonder is around every corner, there is constant war and death"

-"And it won't change, believe me, I tried"

(A/N):

I've always wondered if the paint would stay if you painted roses...

I hope you enjoyed the chapter! 

Bye!