The Rabbit

(POV:Reader)

-"You should know my son has extremely delicate digestion" she told me a bit at random.

-"Did you see that?" the bushes had moved as if something was behind them.

-"See what?"

-"It was a rabbit, I think"

-"Nasty things, I do enjoy setting the dogs on them"

-"If you serve Hamish the wrong foods, he could get a blockage" I half-listened to what she was saying, I had my attention on the bushes that moved again.

-"Did you see it that time?" I pointed out.

-"See what?"

-"The rabbit!"

-"Don't shout"

-"Now, pay attention, Hamish said you were easily distracted"

-"What was I saying?"

-"Hamish has a blockage" I answered, but as I looked forward I saw the rabbit once more.

-"I couldn't be more interested, but you'll have to excuse me" with that said I left to go after the rabbit.

-"Aunt Imogene" I called her name after going through twists and turns of the maze, with no sight of the rabbit.

-"I think I'm going mad, I keep seeing a rabbit in a waistcoat"

-"I can't be bothered with your fancy rabbit now"

-"I'm waiting for my fiancé" she answered and took out her fan.

-"You have a fiancé?" I asked, a bit surprised.

-"Hmm"

-"There! Did you see it?!" I pointed at the bushes behind a few guests.

-"He's a prince, but alas he cannot marry me unless he renounces his throne"

-"It's tragic, isn't it?" she asked, her eyes watering a bit.

-"Very" was all I said before running after the rabbit again.

As I walked around, in search of the rabbit I heard a few unpleasant sounds coming from behind a hedge of bushes. It was Lowell, my sister's husband making out with another girl.

-"Lowell?"

-"Y/n! We were just..." he pushed the girl behind him and she walked away a bit.

-"Hattie's an old friend"

-"I can see you're very close" a bit too close I told myself.

-"Look, you won't mention this to your sister, will you?"

-"I don't know, I'm confused, I need time to think" I told him.

-"Well, think about Margaret, she'd never trust me again"

-"You don't want to ruin her marriage, do you?" he put his hand on my cheek but I backed away.

-"Me?"

-"But I'm not the one who's sneaking around, behind her back" I backed away but bumped into someone.

-"There you are!" it was Hamish.

-"Come on" I was pulled away, a bit harshly.

(A/N):

I hope you enjoyed the chapter! 

Feel free to request!

Bye!