Bandersnatch

(POV:Reader)

-"What's in there?" I asked, pointing at a little shed on the far side of...one of the courtyards.

-"You want to see what's inside, you won't be too surprised, you've seen it before" the smile on his face made me nervous as we walke-...as he pulled me towards it.

-"It?"  I asked, as we stood in front of it, he pulled out a set of keys, fumbling around to find the right one.

After finding the right one he put it in the keyhole and unlocked it. Growling sounds came out of the shed. I backed up a bit, not wanting to be too close to whatever was in there. He swung both doors open and the Bandersnatch was inside and jumped out towards me.

I ran to Jack and clinging onto him in fear, until his laughter echoed through. I pushed him away harshly, and looked over at the Bandersnatch that was struggling to get closer to me as it was chained down.

I smacked Jack's shoulder to stop his laughter from embarrassing me any further. But it didn't work, so I pecked his lips and then he stopped, blushing bright red instead. I began to walk away back into the castle with a pleased smirk plastered on my face.

-Lunchtime-

It didn't seem like lunch, or better said it felt more like tea time. There was an array of pastries, tea sandwiches and small cakes all arranged at a table in one of the gardens.

Jack had kept quiet for a while as we walked to the garden. I tried asking a few questions to make conversation but he seemed distracted. He only responded with hums and quick yes and no's and if I was lucky an occasional explanation. A bit tired of the silence while eating, I asked him the most obvious question.

-"Is something wrong?"

(A/N):

I was looking back to see how many chapter we have left of this story and there is only FOUR after this! I thought we had more...

Sorry for the late update, I was going to do it much earlier but I had a ton of hw piled onto me from school.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Bye!