5

Like I said yesterday to Santi, Alena comes over the evening after

Like I said yesterday to Santi, Alena comes over the evening after. "So you told me, that you haven't had the chance to go out since you've been here, so I'm taking you out." She struggles to wave a small suitcase in the air.

I get excited quickly, especially when she shows me potential outfits that she said I could borrow, if I needed.

It takes little time to realise we're different sizes, so we make our way to my closet to find something in there. "Shit, girl this stuff is nice." I thank her mindlessly, as I continue to hunt for a dress. Finally, I find something I like.

I take out the red dress and show her, immediately she nods her head in approval.

Music plays from the sound system and we sing our hearts out, as we do our makeup.

It's close to 9:40pm when we're ready, holding our heels in our hands. Something about spending time with Alena is comforting. This new friendship is easy and different from anything else. Even with Emma, there has always been some distance - a feeling that I couldn't quite pinpoint. But with Alena, I don't feel like I need to tiptoe or watch my mouth around her.

She's easy to get along with, and we're very similar in so many aspects. Maybe that's what was missing with Emma. I would often complain about things in my life, and she always changed the conversation. She couldn't relate, so I'm guessing she felt uncomfortable, but it's nice to finally have someone who I could talk about those difficult issues with.

"Hi, Santi, right?" Alena says moving towards him. He nods, trying to act nonchalant. "Would you mind holding my bag while I change into my heels." The man nods and grabs her stuff, but when Alena leans into him and holds his bicep for balance, as she slips on her heels, I see him halt all the way from where I'm standing.

"Where are you going?" I spin around and I'm met with dark green eyes staring at me. "Out with Alena."

"Where?" He asks again. "I don't know Elijah, she's taking me out. Santi and Daniel will be there. It's going to be fine."

Surprisingly, he lets it go easily and walks into his room.

After a ten minute car ride, we stop in front of Gatalas' club.

Anxiety creeps inside of me, but I try my best to calm myself. Nothing is going to happen, especially because I have security with me.

"Let's get a drink!" Alena drags me to the bar and orders us drink in Greek, "We're starting light." I nod and grab the cocktail that was put in front of me.

When the buzz from the couple of drinks we consume starts to kick in, I pull Alena to the dance floor with me. Song after song, we let our bodies grind and bump into the other.

Eventually, we go back to the bar and after ordering more drinks, Alena leans into me and whispers, "Your husband is here, and he's got that look in his eyes."

What? "What look? What are you talking about?" I turn to look in the direction she's looking in. Indeed, Elijah is stood there keeping an eye on me from across the club.

"Give me a moment," She urges for me to go and sips on her drink as she watches me walk away, before her attention is caught by Santi.

"What are you doing here, Elijah?" The tone of my voice reflects everything inside of me: I've finally given up on fighting, and have accepted that this is my life now.

"You came back here? Do you understand how stupid that is, Lilliana?" I sigh.

"I do. I didn't known where we were going. She gave the address to Daniel, so that didn't leave me with too many opportunities to let her know that the people that own the club she was taking me to, want to kill me."

He groans silently, "I didn't come here to argue, Lilliana," he says, bowing his head a bit, "I came here to make sure you were okay. Enjoy your night."

"Go home, El-" I'm interrupted by the feel of his hand on my waist. "Your friend is looking in our direction. Act like we're a happy couple."

My mind doesn't register his words, too focused on his hand on my waist. "You're tense. You have to relax a bit. Come on, let's go there."

He spins me around, and pushes me forward a bit, making me move towards Alena and Santi. Before we get to them, I notice Santi is completely transfixed on her, taking every detail bout her.

The previous feeling about Elijah's hand on my body goes to the back of my mind, as an idea comes to mind. "Elijah, give Santi the night off." My sentence is more of a demand, but I hope it gets my point across.

"Why would I do that, Lilliana?" He asks, unbothered. I turn to look at him, "Please. I think he likes Alena but isn't doing anything about it because of his job. Just give him the night off, and get one of the other twenty guards, I know are hidden here somewhere, to take over." When I see that it doesn't look like he's going to do it, I add, "Please?"

Luckily, that seems to do it, and he nods towards the couple, telling me to keep walking towards them.

"Alena, you remember my husband, Elijah. Elijah, you remember Alena." I quickly reintroduced them, before saying, "We should go dance, Elijah. And Alena, I'm sure you don't want to stay here. You should go with Santi."

"I don't think that's a good idea, Mrs Haze." Santi says. "Actually, I think it is. Elijah is giving you the night off."

Santi looks behind me at Elijah, and my husband may be agreeing because soon after, he looks at Alena and asks her to dance.

The four of us make our way to the dance floor and as we stroll pass Daniel, he makes eye contact with me from his position and smiles knowingly.

The sense of victory I felt seconds ago vanishes when I realize I need to dance with my husband. "I can already see your brain going in override. It's just dancing, Lilliana. I'm sure you can feign enjoying my touch for the next four songs." His breath hits the exposed skin of my neck, and the way his body is flushed against mine make me automatically clench my legs together.

His finger trails up my spine, leaving goosebumps in its path, "Or do you think my touch is too much? That a couple of moments with me this close to you might make you feel something that isn't hate for me."

To be honest, yes. But I'm not saying that to him. "I think that's something you may be worried about."

My hands wrap around his neck as we sway sensually to the music. Hands move to my waist and give me a quick squeeze, "You don't have to worry about that."

It may be the alcohol, or the fact that I've been celibate for a year, but I take his words as a challenge. It hurts to admit, but I wouldn't mind if Elijah and I took our relationship a step further - just for tonight - and I want him to feel the same way.

When the music changes to a slower tempo song, I move my body so his chest is against my back. We continue swaying for a while, until I push my ass more against his crotch. His hold on my waist tightens a bit, in a sign of warning. But I can't bring myself to care.

My ass moves to the rhythm of the music, and I can feel him harden under the jeans he's wearing.

I try to continue acting unbothered but when I hear him whisper "Fuck" under his breath, heat pools at the bottom of my stomach. He tugs me deeper into his body, and lowers his head into the crook of my neck, "You're playing a dangerous game, Lilliana. One I don't think you can win."

His hand trails up my leg, across the bare skin in between the slit of my dress. "I don't lose, Elijah." My voice comes out breathless, and rugged.

"You might if the other person plays dirty."