11

After I and Santi freaked out for a while, Daniel came in and was the voice of reason

After I and Santi freaked out for a while, Daniel came in and was the voice of reason. "Don't celebrate yet," He tells us, when we show him the pregnancy test, "Your procedure was less than three weeks ago, so before the both of you start planning gender reveal parties, it may be smart to book an appointment with Dr Roman for a clinical pregnancy test."

I nod, knowing he's right, and do as he says as soon as he and Santi leave the room.

My meeting with one of the potential investors for the restaurant finally ends, after running one hour late

My meeting with one of the potential investors for the restaurant finally ends, after running one hour late. I lay on my bed and scroll through my phone, checking off things I've done and scanning what I still need to do.

A notification from an unsaved number grabs my attention, and I open the text.

hey, li, it's zak. I want to apologize for the last time we talked and about me and emma . . . i know she told you about us being together even before we broke up. u dont know how much it hurts me to know i hurt you in any way. i want to talk. thats it. i realize my mistake and i'm just asking for you to forgive me. please. I still love you. I hope you know.

I glance at the text twice, then three times. I actually laugh out loud, because there is no way this man is serious. I'm quick to ignore the message and go downstairs.

As I reach the last step, the door opens, and Elijah walks in.

"Hey," he greets me, and I want to tell him about the pregnancy test, immediately. I don't, though, not wanting to tell him something that may not be true. He follows me to the kitchen, where we spend some time on the stools talking.

Since we've decided to stop the animosity, our relationship has only improved, and there are aspects of him that I'm starting to enjoy more and more every day.

He's soon called away for a meeting and I leave the house for my last minute appointment with Dr Roman.

The appointment is quick. Dr Roman asks me question and quickly punctures me with a needle. My blood fills the collection tube, pretty fast and after a Band-Aid is placed on my arm, I'm free to go, with an assurance that they'll try to get the results to me by tonight.