14

I urge you guys to go check the tws at the beginning, before reading this chapter. I'll do a quick summary at the beginning of next chapter to resume this if you choose to not finish reading this one.

Nothing too detailed, just stuff that can be a lot for some.

I wake up in a dark room, and although I'm not sure how long I've been in here, it can't be too much time, because the blood I feel on my scalp when I touch it isn't fully dried up yet

What the hell is it with all these white men ruining my hair, in the last fucking twenty-four hours. First, Elijah and his eggs, yesterday, and now Daniel. Jesus.

When I get out of here I'm spending all of Elijah's money on new hairstyles.

I need to get out of here.

I look around for a window or anything to try and get out of here, but this room looks a lot like fucking bunker: no windows, no doors that I can see and no light.

A door opens and my attention quickly goes to it. Three men walk in, and I immediately notice Daniel. The other two walk behind him whispering in Greek. Daniel's eyes remain on me, malice and hate shining in them.

When they're standing in front of me, the two men are shushed by Daniel. He tells them something in fluent Greek, that I don't understand, which takes me aback because he told me he couldn't speak Greek.

"What the fuck is this Daniel?" I ask, standing tall. "Where am I? Where's my husband?" A sinister look crosses his eyes and my heart halts for a second, thinking that he could have Elijah in his possession too.

Still, he doesn't answer my question. "Fucking answer, you bastard!" I make a move toward him, but the other two men come to his rescue and push me back.

"He doesn't talk unless I tell him, darling." The voice comes from the door, and I'm even more confused when I see Oron.

But it starts to click in my mind: Daniel, Oron, this fucking dodgy bunker-like room. It's the Gatalas family. Looking at how Daniel seems subservient to Oron, I understand that he must be working for him.

He motions to the other two men I don't know to hold me back, and I let them. He approaches me, and caresses my cheek with his index finger, moving the strand of hair that fans my face.

"Truly beautiful. . ." His warm breath hits my face, and as fucked up as this situation is, this is the worst thing happening to me. "Haze has to be the luckiest man alive." The way he scans my body with his eyes makes me cringe.

I can almost predict it, which is why when his lips touch my neck, I'm not surprised. Knowing this is probably as vulnerable as he'll be, I take my opportunity and kneel him in his stomach, followed by digging my elbow in the men holding me back to free myself from their hold.

Oron is doubled over, holding his stomach, so I grab the gun I can see. I turn around and point it to them.

"One move and I start shooting everyone."