10

I don't know how, but we get back to the house

My head hurts and I'm unaware of everything happening around me, so, I let Elijah lead me to my room.

He lays me on my bed and I close my eyes, too tired to keep them open. I feel him pull my hair in a bun, and then he leaves the room for a second, just to come back and use what feels like makeup wipes to clean my face.

"Hey, I don't know what your skincare thing is, so I hope this will do, darling. However, I do need to get this dress off you. Are you okay if I do that?" I nod my head and feel him taking my dress off and dressing me in a top and shorts.

When I feel him move away from the bed, I open my eyes for the first time, and grab his arm, "Please stay," I ask. He looks at me and seems conflicted but the pleading look on my face must convince him, because he agrees, and after taking off his shirt, he lays in bed with me.

"I'm sorry," I whisper to him. "For what?"

"Today. For being clingy and needy, and you needing to take me into the house. I usually know how to deal with these types of situations and I and Zak have not been together in a year, so I really should not care about his betrayal, but he and Emma were my people, my family for so long that. . . I don't know. . ." My voice cracks slightly, as I try to stop my tears. I feel him stroke my hair, "It's okay, Liliana. We're friends, remember? It's okay, trust me. That's what I'm here for."

He continues stroking my hair until I fall asleep.

Around 9:00 am this morning, I woke up

Around 9:00 am this morning, I woke up. My head hurts so bad, and my body is stiff. I feel a weight on my body, and quickly realize that it is Elijah. I successfully move away from under his body and head towards the bathroom. When I get back to the room, his phone is ringing, and I answer it before he can wake up.

"Hello?" I answer walking into my closet. "Good morning, I'm looking for Mr Haze. I thought this was his personal number."

"Yes, it is. He is not available, right now," I answer as I step out and look at his sleeping form, "but I can leave a message." The man on the other line seems unsure, "Can I know who I'm speaking to?"