x Blindfolded x

'How can you order me around like this' I grabbed a cushion from the sofa and threw it at his back when I chased after him. I stopped when he finally stopped and turned to look at me.

'How should I speak to you?' He glared at me while still holding his plate.

'Eat something, then we'll talk' I should have let him eat first.

'Bring your food here' His tone got softer, and he waited for me to return to the living room. We sat and ate quietly and gazed at each other like small children who had gotten detention. After finishing our food, he gave me medicine to take, but we both were silent, and this silence was bothering me.

I was about to go to a different room when he stopped me.

'It's getting worse,' I heard him say under his breath, but it was still clear enough for me to hear since it was pretty much quiet apart from the raining sound. If I were at home, then we would be running around taking care of the leaking ceiling or making sure we had enough candles and food to get through the storm.

'At least we have electricity,' I said to him, and he glanced in my direction like he was confused.

'What?' He questioned me.

'You said it's getting worse. I said at least we have electricity here. There is no water inside your home with the flooding that's happening outside. You are safe,' I told him. He shook his head like I got him wrong.

'I wasn't talking about the storm. I was talking about us' He stared at me, and I went silent.

'Make me unlike you,' He claimed, and I gave him a questioning glance as I walked closer.

'Haven't I hurt you enough?' I gazed into his eyes. I knew I hurt him.

'Yes, but not enough to change how I....' He stopped, and my anticipation grew.

'How I?' I asked him. Instead of answering my question, he stepped forward in my direction and held my hand, bringing it closer to his face.

'You're a liar' He smiled when he said that.

'What are you saying?' I tried to free my hand from his hold, but he didn't let me. Again with the silence and the knowing smile.

'You have gone mad' I glared at him with frustration. It didn't take him long after that to drop my hand and pick me up in my arms.

'Shahzaib,' I squealed.

'Shhh, let's play a game' He jerked me up, and I clenched his shirt, afraid he'd drop me.

'Game?' I got scared by his sudden change. First, he ignored me, and now he was holding me and telling me to play a game. He nodded slightly and took us to the bedroom. He put me on the bed and opened his closet like he was looking for something.

'What are you looking for? What are you doing?' I checked to see what he was looking for. He kept searching for something silently until he found what he was looking for, but I couldn't tell since he blocked the view.

He returned with a tie and sat close to me with our knees almost touching. The more I shifted back, the more he moved forward until my back hit the headboard. He pulled his eyebrow like it was amusing to him to see me nervous like that.

'I want to cover your eyes,' He said with a straight face, but I laughed. He was joking. When my laughter died down, and I still saw him with the same look, I didn't think he was joking.

'You want me...' I pointed at the tie and then my eyes. He nodded slightly.

'No,' I said without wasting any second.

'Consider this as a to pay me back' He leaned closer and looked into my eyes.

'Payback for what?' I asked worryingly.

'I am letting you stay here, giving you a shelter, and since you don't want this relationship and I am no one to you, I can't you live here rent-free' He explained to me like I wasn't enough to understand what he was trying to do.

'You think this is funny?' I asked him.

'I am just doing what you're doing,' He said in a bothering tone.

'Give me an answer to what I asked you earlier...or put this on, I want to see you blindfolded' He challenged me. Out of anger, I snatched his stupid tie and covered my eyes with it. I wasn't going to give him any answer.

'Here, happy,' I told him, and I was about to remove it again when he grabbed my wrist to stop me from taking it off.

'Who said you can take it off? The game is about to start,' He replied, this time the sound from a much closer place, almost as if he was about to touch my lips.

------------------------------------------------------------