| ii ; binding vow

"One final warning," Nacht said as the sword made out of shadows appeared next to him.

Y/N watched as it disappeared, only to re-emerge in the palm of her hand.

"You must never use 100% of my Cursed Technique. If you wish to use more of my Cursed Technique, then you must improve yourself first. If you take more than what you're capable of, then you'll lose yourself to being a Curse," Nacht warned. "You'll slowly lose your humanity."

Y/N nodded her head as she gripped onto the sword, "I understand."

Nacht gave her one final look, "Good luck." With that, he disappeared back into the bracelet around her wrist, leaving Y/N to fight off the Curse.

The Curse began screeching as it made a beeline for Y/N. A huge needle materialised in its hand as it lunged at her. Y/N did a backflip just as the needle pierced the ground at where she once stood. The ground cracked as a result. One could only imagine what it'd do to her body.

Y/N quickly formulated a plan. Just as the Curse lunged at her again, she disappeared into her shadow. A second later, she jumped out from the Curse's shadow and swung the sword down. The Curse had no time to react before it had been exorcised.

"Fujiwara, you okay?!" Maki yelled as she ran towards the younger girl.

"Yeah," Y/N said while panting. "I just exorcised my first Curse."

Maki grinned as she raised her hand. Y/N smiled and high-fived her.

"Right, we have to find the missing patients," Maki said. "We've practically explored the entire area and still no sign of them."

"The curtain hasn't disappeared as well," said Y/N. "Looks like we're missing a Curse somewhere."

Just then, the ground beneath them began shaking. The girls yelled as they fell to their knees, quickly scanning their surroundings. Y/N looked to her right where she felt intense cursed energy radiating from.

Just as predicted, she spotted the mouth of the Curse that was slowly standing up from the ground. It was humongous, it was at least the size of the hospital next to it.

"The patients might be in there!" Y/N yelled.

"Are you saying we have to go in there?!" Maki shouted.

"Probably!" Y/N shouted. "Can your spear cut through something that big?!"

"Maybe!" Maki hollered as she steadied herself onto her feet. She helped Y/N up before pointing at the Curse. "Let's combine our attacks. My spear may not be able to cut through it fully, but your sword can help. I'll make the first move and make a cut. Before it can regenerate, you'll follow up and deal the finishing blow."

Y/N nodded her head as she gripped onto the Shadow Sword. Maki quickly held out her spear and began running towards the huge Curse. Jumping onto a street lamp, she pushed herself up and spun the spear, letting it gain momentum. Y/N followed in pursuit and watched as Maki made the cut at the center.

"Now!" Maki yelled.

Y/N positioned her sword and jumped up, watching as the sword pulsed in her hands before it made the dealing blow. The Curse began disintegrating into ashes and Y/N spotted the missing patients.

"Maki-san, the patients!" Y/N yelled. Y/N grabbed onto two of the patients while Maki caught the remaining two.

"Not bad, Fujiwara," Maki said as the curtain deactivated.

"Thanks," Y/N smiled.

"Hi, hi!" Gojo exclaimed from the car. "Good job at not dying on your first mission, Y/N!"