| xxxviii ; to gain something, you must lose something

a/n: NO ONE talk to me about the latest jjk chap leaks... i didn't want to do this, but gege made me do it. there will be an arc before we get to that battle arc... be prepared.

"Hey, you guys made it."

Maki looked at Yuta and Y/N as they appeared from the sides. A frown rested on Maki's face while she rested her right hand on her hip. There were familiar faces in the crowd of sorcerers, like Nishimiya and mini Panda, and new faces.

"Brief us on the situation," Yuta said, not letting go of Y/N's hand.

"I'm sure you already know about Megumi and Tsumiki's situation. Principal Yaga, Yuki Tsukumo, and Master Tengen are gone," Maki responded. "Kenjaku added two new rules and it doesn't work in our favour."

"New rules?" Y/N asked.

Maki exchanged a look between the two Special-Grades before sighing, "Rule 13: Entry of new players have been closed from November 18 2018, 21:09. Rule 14: When all other players except Geto Suguru, Megumi Fushiguro, and Fujiwara Y/N have died, the Culling Game will come to an end."

Yuta's heart dropped as he looked at Maki, "What?"

"So if we beat Kenjaku, Sukuna, and Y/N, it'd be our victory," Maki stated the obvious and looked at Y/N. "Doesn't work in our favour at all."

Y/N pursed her lips, "I should've known. Sukuna and Kenjaku probably planned this."

"Bad news aside, we have good news," Maki added. "We have the sorcerer named Angel and the back of the Prison Realm. We can unseal Gojo."

Hearing those words, Y/N immediately smiled and looked at Maki with hopeful eyes, "You're serious, right? You're not lying to us?"

"Nope," Maki affirmed with a shake of her head. "Angel's in the medical bay with Shoko. You two should go pop by there first. Just go down the corridor on the left and make a right turn. You'll find the medical bay immediately."

"Understood," Yuta nodded his head. "Let's go, darling."

Y/N smiled at him and followed Yuta as the two sorcerers heeded the directions Maki gave. Soon after, they spotted the door to the medical bay and knocked on it.

"Come in," Shoko said from inside.

Yuta opened the door, letting Y/N enter before him, and closed the door behind him. Y/N smiled once she saw Shoko, "Shoko!"

"Hey, it's been too long," Shoko smiled at her and patted her head. "How have you been holding up?"

"Good for now," Y/N answered. She looked at the young woman on the bed, "You must be Angel?"

"I'm Kurusu Hana, but you can call me Hana," She said.

Just then, a mouth appeared on her cheek, "I'm Angel."

She's just like me and Yuji... However, only Nacht can be manifested outside of the vessel, Y/N thought to herself.

"My apologies. This was the best I could do with Reverse Cursed Technique," Shoko said to her.

"No, this is plenty," Angel assured her. "I would have died instantly if not for Amai cushioning my fall... and Takaba too. I can't put my finger on it, but I have a feeling he played a huge role by staying at my side."

"Sorry for being curt, but in order for us to be able to proceed with our plans going forward, I must confirm something," Yuta said. "Kurusu-san is currently not in any condition to be able to participate. Angel, are you able to transfer into other human vessels like Sukuna?"