| xxxxviii ; the final sacrifice

"You know... I remembered I made a promise that I'd return safely from this battle and when I did, everything would be back to normal."

Y/N began moving as she slowly stood up. She winced when she felt her legs aching when she put pressure on her feet.

"In that condition?" Sukuna gave her a look.

"It's precisely that I'm in this condition that I can use my move," Y/N explained. "You see, I need to be on the brink of death for this to work. Thanks to your one move, you allowed me to make my one move."

Y/N raised her hands and suddenly, someone appeared onto the battlefield. Sukuna's eyes widened at the figure, "What're you doing here?"

"I just got teleported," Kenjaku answered and looked around. His eyes widened when he saw the culprit behind his sudden move, "Ah, it's you, Fujiwara."

"You took the body of someone my teacher holds very dearly," She began. "You caused the Culling Game which ended thousands of lives! You caused the Shibuya Incident which made me lose everyone! Yet, you still remain at the cost of the lives of my friends, my family."

"It's destiny that I'm still alive. It's because my vision is meant to come true," Kenjaku spoke, smiling cunningly.

"Destiny?" She repeated and began laughing. "That foolish destiny of yours ends today."

Y/N clasped her hands together and interlocked them together—her right hand locked above her left hand. In response, circles of light formed on the ground around where they stood.

"What're you doing?!" Sukuna hollered out.

"Killing the both of you."

She closed her eyes, concentrating on the spell she'd gotten from Kiyoka when she reached out to him a few days back.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅ ─────

DECEMBER 15TH, 22:35, SEA OF STARS

"Destined One, what is it that you've called me for?" Kiyoka asked, turning to look at his descendant.

"Kiyoka-san, is there a way to make sure my enemies die once and for all?" She asked.

"Why the sudden question?" He eyed her warily.

Y/N sighed and looked at him, "You see... Ever since the Shibuya Incident happened, things have been going down hill. Last night, I saw a vision of Gojo-sensei being killed."

"Visions?" Kiyoka repeated. "Ah, you're in that stage of your powers then. I've gotten those visions before too."

"Do they really come true? Those visions?" She asked.

Kiyoka nodded his head with a sigh, "Unfortunately. Those visions only come to serve as a warning for the incoming fate of the Bearer of Light Divination. Fate cannot be easily changed, but we... we stand a slim chance of changing it."

"How do I do that? How do I prevent Gojo-sensei from getting killed?"

"A sacrifice," Kiyoka answered. "You said you wanted a way to end your enemies once and for all, correct? There is one way. It is using the power of the origin that you can ensure their deaths. No reincarnation whatsoever afterwards. Once they are dead, they will be dead forever."

Y/N nodded her head, "That is what I want. How do I do that?"

"You see, the Universe is very fair. If you want to save a life, you must take a life. If you want to save Gojo Satoru, you must kill someone to replace his death," Kiyoka explained. "An eye for an eye. A life for a life."