| vii ; shadows of the past

Y/N's shadow suddenly expanded as it covered the whole floor of the temple. A cloaked figure began rising from the shadow, alerting Kieran.

"Go back to the school with the boy," Nacht instructed. "You'll only be trouble here. I'll deal with him like I promised."

Y/N nodded her head as she walked over to Yuta. Nacht spared her a glance before muttering, "Gimodelo, follow them and make sure they get to the school safely."

A small, dark-coloured figure with horns, wings and a tail emerged from Nacht's shoulder. Gimodelo, one of the four Grade 1 Cursed Sprits under Nacht's affiliation.

Y/N grabbed Yuta's arm and hung it over her shoulder as she began walking towards the entrance to the hidden path. Gimodelo quietly followed, making sure to follow his master's orders.

"Even after a thousand years, you still look like a rat," Nacht commented. "You haven't changed the slightest bit since we last fought."

"I could say the same about you," Kieran replied. "Still as straightforward as you were."

"It seems my hatred for you still hasn't dwindled. In fact, I despise you even more," Nacht said. "Do you really think you can defeat me?"

"Well, I don't see why not," Kieran smirked. "I recall killing hundreds of jujutsu sorcerers back then."

"And yet, you were defeated by me. Someone who hadn't known what it was like to kill at that time," Nacht interrupted. "You were weak back then, and you are still weak now."

"Has the title of being the Devil of Curses gotten to your head?" Kieran questioned.

"My time as a curse has simply earned me that title. I was the only one who had placed Sukuna on the brink of death. Even you would know how powerful he was then," Nacht glared at him.

"Why don't you just shut up and let me kill that girl," Kieran grew agitated.

Nacht let out a smile, "Now you're behaving like you used to."

Kieran clicked his tongue in annoyance as he opened his palm, gathering what seemed to be a sphere of light. Nacht looked at it, unimpressed, as he glanced back at Kieran.

"Haven't you learned any new tricks?" Nacht asked.

"Of course," Kieran answered.

"Then show it."

Kieran grinned before he reappeared in front of Nacht at the speed of light. He reeled his hand back as shards of light formed in his hand. He pushed his hand forward and Nacht quickly pushed his hand away, punching Kieran with his free hand.

Nacht quickly ducked onto the ground, sweeping Kieran off of his legs. Nacht made a twisting motion with his hand and ropes made of shadows wrapped themselves around Kieran.

"Try again in a thousand years," Nacht said as he began to walk away.

"Nacht, you-!"

"Shut it. I never asked for your reply," Nacht interrupted. He spun around, raising his hand as a portal made out of his shadow formed.

Kieran looked at it, already groaning as he remembered this particular spell of his.

"See you never," Nacht smiled before pushing the portal towards Kieran, leaving the universe to decide where he would reappear.

"Now, where's my little Y/N?"

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"Yuta..."

The boy slowly opened his eyes, and was met with Y/N looking at him from above. His eyes grew wide at the sight of her bloody lip and blood on her head.