| xxxxix ; five stages of grief

DECEMBER 29TH, 15:36, TOKYO JUJUTSU HIGH.

Greyish skies loomed overhead as droplets of water descended down the ground, hydrating the flora and fauna that was still alive after the whole Shibuya incident.

A large group of people gathered at a graveyard not far from Tokyo's Jujutsu High, holding umbrellas to shelter themselves from the heavy rain. Everyone donned black attire as they looked at the tombstone placed on the hill in the school.

Here lies Fujiwara Y/N, protector and saviour of the Jujutsu World.
26 May 2001 — 24 December 2018.

Standing at the front of the crowd, nearest to the tombstone, was Yuta and the others. He blankly stared at the tombstone, no tears leaving his eyes as he had already exhausted everything the day before. His eyes were completely red and his eyebags were more visible than before.

"Shake," Inumaki gently reached out for him.

"Toge," Maki called and shook her head. Inumaki retracted his hand, knowing it was best to leave Yuta to grieve.

Y/N's funeral was much different than the typical Japanese funeral. Since there was no body, there was no cremation. There was no wake nor memorial service because not a lot of people knew her. The only ones who did were all part of the Jujutsu World.

Yuta wanted a separate tombstone to be placed at their school because it was where he met her. He had the tombstone face the sky where the sun would rise each day, so she could see it too. After all, she sacrificed herself so everyone could live to see another day. It was only right she got to see the start of each day.

Slowly, as time passed, people began to leave. They all looked at Yuta, giving him their condolences for the poor man. However, he remained quiet as if he wad in a completely different world. He was there, but he wasn't there. Yuta stood in his spot, not bothering to hold an umbrella throughout the funeral and allowed himself to be soaked to the bone.

"Yuta, come back inside when you're done," Gojo said, placing his hand on Yuta's shoulder.

He didn't get a response from the younger man and silently left with his students. Yuta continued to stare at Y/N's name on the tombstone until he finally moved. He reached to the side and unsheathed a sword—her sword that belonged to Nacht.

He twisted the sword before plunging it into the ground, falling onto his knees as the sword dug into the earth. Still holding onto the handle of the sword, Yuta finally broke down as he began to cry once more. He gripped the handle as if it was his last thread of sanity while his wails echoed as loudly as the thunder that boomed in the skies.

His body shook with each sob, each wail followed with a single thunder from the skies, as if wanting to silence the heart-wrenching cries of the man. The sky seemed to grieve along with Yuta for it had never rained this heavily ever since the Shibuya Incident.

"My angel, my love," Yuta cried out. "Why must you leave me? It was supposed to be us, together. My wife, my one and only."

Gojo and the others stared at Yuta's shaking body in the rain from inside the school. They all looked at him in pity and sadness for they understood the pain he was in.

"Should we call him in?" Panda asked.

"Let him mourn. He'll come back when he's ready."