| xxxxx ; found you

SEVEN YEARS LATER.
MARCH 7TH, 2026.

The bustling streets of Tokyo were crowded as everyone was eager to welcome the new season—Spring. The skies were clear and blue, a few clouds scattering across like specks. Smiled adorned on nearly everyone's faces as the streets of Tokyo were filled with the pink petals of the Cherry Blossom trees.

A man in his mid-twenties walked through the streets, keeping his head down. He stopped in his tracks upon reaching his destination. He looked up at the pick-up point, turning around to spot the people he was looking for.

"Fujiwara-sensei!!"

He turned to his left. A smile formed on his face as he raised his hand and waved, "There you are."

"Daisuke, can you hurry up?"

"Ugh, shut up, Mio. Not everyone is as energetic as you."

Mio, one of the two students under his care, grew annoyed and flipped him off. She turned to her teacher and exclaimed, "Fujiwara-sensei, Daisuke's being a bitch again!"

"Didn't Maki-san mention we should be calling him Okkotsu-sensei?" Daisuke, the other student, rolled his eyes while crossing his arms.

"Don't listen to Maki. I've already said, I'm no longer Okkotsu Yuta. I took my wife's name," Yuta explained with a bashful smile.

"Right!" Mio nodded her head. "Fujiwara-sensei, it's your birthday today, right? Daisuke and I got you a gift!"

"Oh?" Yuta tilted his head. "You didn't have to."

"How could we not? You're our favourite teacher!" Mio exclaimed.

"I'm your only teacher..."

"It doesn't matter!"

Yuta laughed, "What did you get me?"

"This!" Mio moved her arms in front, showing Yuta the gift in her hands. "Daisuke and I saw this in a pawnshop and it shone. I just knew we had to get it!"

Yuta's smile faltered as his eyebrows furrowed. He took a step forward, seeing the gift and recognised it nearly instantly. He shook his head, "That can't be possible."

"Hm?" Mio looked at him, confused. "What do you mean, sensei?"

"That necklace belongs to my wife," Yuta said. "I got this for her. The exact same one."

Yuta took the butterfly necklace from Mio, gently caressing the accessory in his hands. A caring smile appeared on his face as memories of Y/N resurfaced through his mind.

"Thank you," Yuta whispered and looked back at them. "You have no idea how much this means to me."

"What's our mission today, sensei?" Daisuke asked, getting to the point.

"Mission?" Yuta repeated. "There's no mission."

"Hah? Satoru told us that we had a mission," Daisuke said. "Did he lie to us?"

"He probably wanted the two of you to be with me on my birthday. I don't really celebrate my birthdays anymore," Yuta murmured, shrugging his shoulders.

Mio furrowed her eyebrows, "Why not?"

"It doesn't feel right celebrating it without my wife."

Daisuke and Mio shared looks before nodding their heads. Daisuke cleared his throat, "If you want to be alone, we can leave. If you want us here, we can stay for you."

Yuta laughed at his students, "I don't want to force you to stay with me. You're free to train or relax. I'll be heading back to the school. I have some reports to clear."