| xxxxv ; battle of the greatest

a/n: yuta in the last episode had me running laps around my living room and screaming because he's back after 2 years and he's gone again 😭 pls start promoting trust issues on tiktok if anyone asks for yuta fic recommendations, i want them to feel pain! much appreciated <333

"Even though they're on a different level, Kenjaku managed to pull it off," Choso informed everyone. "We had planned for Tsukumo to counter his Domain Expansion with a Simple Domain while Tengen dismantled it from the outside. The Simple Domain was torn apart in the blink of an eye. But if she had expanded her own domain..."

"It wouldn't have been a true Domain Battle. In that circumstance, you needed to take into account who the Domain's exterior belonged to," Mei Mei explained. "Though perhaps if she had expanded her own domain, there may have been a battle for Yuki-san's sure-hit effect."

"But what exactly would clash?"

"Who knows?"

"Isn't it literally against the sure-hit effect?" Miwa asked. "Given that the sure-hit effect is imbued within the barrier itself, it can only clash with another barrier. You guys are talking about their domains as if it's a given, but that stuff devours an insane amount of cursed energy, doesn't it? So shouldn't they avoid using it thoughtlessly?"

"Bonito flakes," Inumaki responded.

Y/N nodded her head, "Toge's right. There's no limit to Gojo-sensei's cursed energy."

"But that's only because of how freaking efficient he is," Ino rebutted. "His cursed energy consumption ends up being less than what he naturally replenishes over time. But isn't that working under the assumption he's using it like normal? If he starts using Domain Expansion over and over again, it'll probably be a different story."

"And Sukuna? He's unreal," Kashimo commented. "The sharpness of his technique's activation, the way he can turn on a dime from using Amplification to his Innate Technique... If Gojo Satoru didn't have the Six Eyes, Sukuna would likely be winning in terms of efficiency in utilising cursed energy."

"What's more, his total cursed energy is even more than mine," Yuta added. "Going purely off intuition, I'd say more than double. In other words, when it comes to these two, cursed energy is not the limiting factor for why they aren't expanding their domains."

"It'd be hard to imagine that those two will know how this will play out," Y/N pointed out. "It's anyone's guess."

"Hey... it's coming," Higuruma said and pointed to the screens.

Everyone watched as Gojo and Sukuna expanded both their domains individually. Their eyes widened when they saw how evenly matched the two monsters were. Inside of Gojo's barrier, Sukuna's domain was unleashed.

However, the surroundings outside of Gojo's barrier began to disappear. This was the result of the effective range of Sukuna's domain. It reached even beyond Gojo's barrier.

"That's bad," Yuji commented. "The outside of a barrier is weak against attacks from the outside!"

Suddenly, a crack formed on Gojo's barrier. The crack grew larger in size and in number until finally, it shattered into a million pieces, revealing Sukuna's Malevolent Shrine within.

"Sensei!" Yuji exclaimed when he saw a cut form on Gojo's neck from Sukuna's domain winning.

Fortunately, the cut healed within seconds thanks to Gojo using Reverse Cursed Technique. However, so long he stood within Sukuna's domain, the slashes would not stop.

"Sukuna's domain has no enclosed barrier. Shouldn't it be easy to escape his range?" Choso asked.

"Even if we assume Malevolent Shrine's effective range encompasses the area of Shibuya, with Gojo-san's speed, he should be able to make it out in a flash!" Hakari agreed.