| xvi : happiness and grief

Y/N awoke to the feeling of soft fingers grazing her features. It went from her lips, to her cheeks, to her nose and to her eyes. It seemed to be admiring her every feature, as if she was an angel beautifully and perfectly created by God.

The angel fluttered her eyes open, letting it adjust to the dimly lit room. The sight of the beautiful boy made her heart flutter as his beauty was not to be compared to.

"Good morning, angel," Yuta whispered in a raspy voice, for he had just woken up a few minutes ago.

"Good morning handsome," Y/N smiled, hiding her face in the crook of his neck.

"Did you have a good rest?" Yuta questioned, caressing Y/N's hair with a lovestruck face.

"Yep. It's all thanks to you," Y/N smiled at him.

"I'm glad I could be of help," Yuta said. "Has anything happened lately in school?"

Y/N thought to herself before she shook her head, "Not really. I've been on missions both local and overseas. Either Nanami or Gojo accompanies me when I go overseas for a mission."

"That's nice to hear," Yuta said. "Have you been getting enough sleep then?"

Y/N kept quiet, much to Yuta's dismay. His eyebrows furrowed as his eyes narrowed at her, "Y/N? I asked if you've been getting enough sleep."

"If I said yes, would you believe me?" Y/N asked with a coy smile, slowly backing away from her boyfriend.

"Angel, didn't we have a conversation about this last week during our calls?" Yuta sighed at her.

"I know, but I can't sleep. I think I have insomnia," Y/N expressed.

"Insomnia?" Yuta repeated. "Have you been really stressed lately? Should I tell Gojo to reduce your training-"

"No," Y/N interrupted. "I'm fine, Yuta. Trust me."

"You tell me to trust you, but your condition says otherwise," Yuta said.

"I know," Y/N sighed. "But I'm really fine. I haven't been stressed lately. Maybe it's of a different cause."

Yuta pursed his lips into a thin line before he sighed, "Fine."

Y/N let out a smile. She knew he was concerned about her health, but there were things he couldn't know.

"Oh right. I got you a little something," Yuta said as he got off the bed and stood by a couple of bags on the table.

Y/N tilted her head in curiosity as she got off the bed as well. Her feet touched the cool, marble floor as she stood next to Yuta.

"Close your eyes," Yuta instructed.

Y/N frowned before she closed her eyes. Yuta let out a smile as he grabbed her left hand. Y/N felt a cool item slid onto her ring finger and she opened her eyes. On her ring finger was a beautiful metal ring with her favourite gemstone in the middle.

"Yuta..." Y/N whispered as she looked back up at him. "You didn't."

"I did," Yuta smirked at her. "Look, I got a matching ring with yours." He raised his left hand, showing his ring finger that indeed matched with hers. He took it off and showed her the inside, where she could see their initials placed together. "If you're wondering where Rika's ring is, I made it into a chain necklace like yours."

"If I mysteriously die, I'm blaming you," Y/N said in a matter-of-factly voice.

"H-Huh?" Yuta muttered, a little shocked.

Y/N let out a grin, "Kidding. Why did you buy it?"

"Isn't it obvious? I wanna marry you," Yuta said with a puppy smile.