| xxxxiv ; broken hearts

a/m: after seeing what happened to my baby girl choso, do not blame me for how this story ends 😇😇 remember it's gege's fault! p.s, the story is ending realllyyy soon!

Yuta stood solemnly in the main area, staring at the scenery outside of the window. His katana dangled by the side of his waist, weighing down on him similarly to the burdens on his shoulders.

He knew it was well late into the night. The moon was high above in the sky when he was out, and he had only just returned.

After he stormed out of the meeting, Yuta took a walk far away from the base. By a walk, he meant destroying buildings and exorcising Curses and Curse Users who got in his way as a way to vent out his feelings.

When he did calm down and returned to the base, he didn't have the heart to head back to his shared room with Y/N. He simply couldn't fathom the idea of being next to her, knowing what had happened just hours ago. How she yelled at him, frustrated at what he only knew to do—to make sure she lives.

However, it was the love he held for her that managed to convince some part of himself to at least take a glimpse.

He quietly walked into the bedroom, leaving the door slightly open for his exit later on. He placed his katana leaning on the wall while he looked at the bed across from him.

He saw Y/N's figure asleep on one side of the bed. He saw her arm resting at the space in front of her, where he would usually be. He quietly walked towards the bed. His face was illuminated by the faint moonlight pouring in from the gaps between the curtains.

He stood next to her, taking in every detail there was to her face. Her hair was spread out on her pillow, but there was a lock of hair on her face. He gently moved it aside, smiling softly.

He wanted to lie down next to her. He wanted to embrace her so tightly that someone would have to physically pry him off her. He wanted to feel the rhythmic beating of her heart, an indication that she was still alive.

But he couldn't. He simply couldn't.

How could he when all he thought of was her death? Just envisioning the sight of her lifeless body was enough to crush his heart. He knew what he had to do was necessary, but it would prove futile.

Y/N had done it during the Night Parade of a Hundred Demons. She tore down the walls he spent years building after the death of Rika in just a day. Even before that day, she had began chipping at those walls.

Now, he stood in the darkness and in silence, wondering if it was necessary to rebuild those walls to protect her. To save her.

He sighed and turned around, beginning to walk away from her. It was a necessary move, he thought, but it still hurt. He was ready to reach for his katana and leave the room while his mind continued to be plagued and conflicted of what to do.

Before he could tell his mind to stop thinking, a voice called out to him.

"Are you that upset with me that you won't come back to bed?"

Yuta cursed internally. It was his beloved's voice, and she wasn't asleep like he thought she was.

"Go back to sleep, angel. I'm not in the mood," He said, refusing to turn back at her.

If he so dared to even turn around, he knew what his heart would do. He knew he'd crumble instantly and abandon all the determination he had just recollected.

"So you won't even look at me."

Yuta sighed, "Please, Y/N. Not now."

His heart ached as he spoke those words. Turning distant and cold at her was the one thing he wished he never had to do.