| xxxvi ; foreshadow

NOVEMBER 14TH, 01:45, SENDAI CITY, MIYAGI PREFECTURE.

Y/N sat by the highest part of the stadium where Yuta and the other civilians that they saved were. After she annihilated the two sorcerers that attacked her and Yuta, the both of them headed back for the stadium to rest and to protect the civilians. They had spent one day resting after moving to the stadium two days ago and were finally going to continue their journey soon.

The night had arrived not long ago and the moon was high up in the sky, illuminating the darkness. Everyone was asleep, except for Y/N because she decided to take the first shift. However, since Yuta was a little clingy, he opted to sleep next to her, which was why his head was on her lap.

It had been about four hours since her shift started. She looked down and smiled upon seeing her boyfriend's sleeping face. Her hand reached out to touch his hair as she began caressing it. He stirred in his sleep, moving closer to Y/N for body warmth since it was cold up where the both of them were.

With Y/N's free hand, she summoned a ball of light and placed it near Yuta as his own source of warmth. His body stopped shivering and relaxed upon feeling the heat radiating from the light.

Staring at his adorable sleeping face, Y/N couldn't help but let her mind wander back to the day after the Kyoto Goodwill Event incident where she and Shoko had a conversation about her cursed technique.

"My Yuta..." She whispered, her left thumb caressing his cheeks softly. "I'm sorry for what I've done..."

She looked away and continued looking at the silent and desolate area around the stadium, keeping an eye out for any potential threats. She and Yuta needed to get the civilians out safely.

"Mmm..." Yuta groaned as he began to stir awake. "Morning, angel."

"Good morning, Yuta," She smiled at him, moving his dark locks from his face. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah, your lap is so comfy, angel," He said and smiled at her. "I could stay here forever."

Y/N chuckled in response, causing Yuta's smile to grow even bigger. He turned on his side such that his face faced her stomach as he snuggled up to her.

"Hey!" Y/N exclaimed, looking at Yuta with surprise.

"So warm," He mumbled and began to close his eyes.

"So clingy," Y/N muttered teasingly.

"Only for you, sweetheart."

Y/N chuckled at his sappy responses and rollex her eyes playfully. She liked the way her heart swelled up with warmth just from his words and actions.

"Angel?" Yuta called.

"Yeah?" Y/N responded and looked at him.

"You know you can tell me anything, right?" He asked and shifted onto his back again so he could look up at her. "I'm here for you, always."

"Yes, of course I know that," Y/N nodded her head.

"Is there anything you'd like to tell me?" Yuta questioned her. "Something that I should know about?"

Y/N stared at Yuta and the young man did not break eye contact with her. As if they were silently exchanging words with one simple gaze, Y/N sighed in defeat. She looked up at the sky for a few seconds before she looked back at him.

"When did you know?"

Yuta looked at her as if he was afraid of continuing the conversation. If the conversation continued, it meant that what he heard was true.