| xxi ; from kyoto to tokyo

Nobara looked at the options before her, thinking long before she pressed one of the buttons. It turned green as a can dropped to the bottom, and Nobara picked it up.

"Can't we have more vending machines?" She grumbled.

"No way," Megumi said. "Not many can enter this school anyway.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"Uh, where are the first-year students?"

"I sent them on an errand," Maki replied.

"Bonito flakes."

"Will it be okay?" Panda asked.

"Salmon."

"They're not three-year-old kids. They know how to run errands," Maki dismissed him.

"I don't think that's what Panda meant," Y/N spoke up. "Isn't Principal Gakuganji coming today? The meeting for the Goodwill Event is today."

"That abnormal case where the first-year students were dispatched. Wasn't it done by the higher-ups who have a tense relationship with Satoru?" Panda questioned. "The principal of Kyoto is part of the higher-ups, right? If they bump into each other..."

"Itadori, the first-year student they targeted, is dead."

Y/N's fist clenched at Maki's words. Her anger towards the higher-ups was fuelled and she didn't intend to let it go once she took over.

"They probably don't plan to do anything to Megumi and Kugisaki," Maki reasoned out. "Even the old man in Kyoto won't cause trouble, at least on the surface."

"Salmon."

"The teachers may have their standpoints, but not necessarily the students."

Maki stopped in her tracks as she looked at Panda, "Do you mean Mai is here?"

"It's just my guess," He told her. "After all, the meeting has nothing to do with the students. However... don't they like to harass people? Todo and Mai."

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"Why are you here, Zenin-senpai?"

Nobara looked at Megumi, "I knew it. She gives off a similar vibe. Are they sisters?"

"Twins to be exact," Megumi answered.

"Gosh, Fushiguro. If you call me that, it will be the same as Maki. Call me Mai," She winked at him.

"These two are the substitutes for Okkotsu and the third-year students?" Todo looked down at them.

"We followed the principal here because we were worried about you," Mai told them. "Your classmate died, right? Are you sad? Or are you not?"

"What are you trying to say?" Megumi narrowed his eyes at them.

"It's okay. Some things can be hard to say. I'll say it on your behalf instead. The term "vessel" sounds good, but to speak crudely, he's just a half-cursed monster, right? Such a dirty and inhuman thing. Yet he calls himself a jujutsu sorcerer, like you. He must have made you disgusted. Isn't it good riddance that he's dead?"

By now, Megumi and Nobara were beyond furious. The glare they sent towards Mai was one of immense hatred. If looks could kill, she would have been dead by then.