| xxxx ; the battle for power

a/n: in honour of aot ending today, i released this chapter earlier :( seeing the final episode made me tear and cry even though i had already mentally prepared myself. it's bittersweet saying goodbye to aot since it was the second anime i've ever watched! but it's been a fruitful journey and i'm totally not in denial of what happened in the episode :)

NOVEMBER 24, 16:03, TOKYO COLONY NO.1

Y/N stood on a sky-rise building, watching silently as a moderate gust of wind brushed past her. The sky is clear of any clouds, displaying the beauty of the celestial body in the night sky.

Down on the ground, monsters made out of shadows roamed the area. Some were tall, some were short. Some made noises and gestures of violence, some were quiet and calm. All were different in their own unique ways, but served one common goal to serve under her command.

"Don't you like the smell of fear?"

A smile formed on her lips as she gave a short glance to the man standing behind her, "I didn't expect you to arrive this fast. You came back in another body?"

"Do you think it suits me better?" Sukuna asked, gesturing to Megumi's body.

"Debatable," She replied. Y/N turned around to face Sukuna, and spotted Kenjaku standing just a couple of steps behind him. "You're here too."

"I wouldn't miss out an opportunity to fight a Fujiwara," Kenjaku smiled at her. "Why bother playing this waiting game? Join us. We're on the same side."

"We are? I don't remember agreeing to that," She answered with a smile. "You think I can't detect the Soul Extractor you have with you?"

"It's to get rid of Fujiwara's soul. Not yours," Sukuna said.

"Do you really think I'll just... join you because we're on the same side?" She asked him. "Until you can offer me something, I'll consider you and Kenjaku as nothing."

"You enjoyed that brief moment we had back in Shibuya. That moment when no one else was more powerful than us," Sukuna commented. "We can feel that for eternity. I'll even do you a favour and let you fight with me. Although, I can't say for sure if you'll live after that."

Y/N smirked at him, "Gojo Satoru couldn't overwhelm me in a Domain Expansion battle. You think you won't fare the same?"

"I'm stronger than that guy. You'll get a real fight," Sukuna nonchalantly said.

"And it's two against one. Don't you want to save face and admit defeat here?" Kenjaku asked.

Y/N looked at him then, "You're well acquainted with how Light Manipulation works in the hands of a Fujiwara. Of all people, I didn't think you'd be the one to say that."

"Guess I've gotten a bit ahead of myself," Kenjaku said as he summoned an army of Cursed Spirits behind him in the air.

"Well, it was time I did get a real fight," Y/N said and summoned her sword in her dominant hand. With her free hand, she gave them a taunting smirk. "Come on."

At once, the army of Cursed Spirits began rushing towards her as Kenjaku summoned a different Cursed Spirit next to him.

"Light Manipulation: Exploding Supernova," Y/N simply extended her free hand out and summoned light from the palm of her hands, creating a blast wave that easily decimated the army at once.

She leaned back, narrowly missing Sukuna's arm. She grabbed it and used it to throw him aside. Y/N lunged at Kenjaku, swinging her sword at him before the Cursed Spirit intervened. She clicked her tongue in annoyance and stabbed it with her sword, burning it from the inside with her technique.