| xv ; without you

Four days had passed. It was time for Yuta to leave Japan and head to Africa with Miguel for his training.

Yuta currently stood at his bed, staring at his filled suitcase that he was yet to zip close. He was reluctant to leave, but he had to listen to Gojo's words.

Knocks sounded at his door. He looked at it and muttered, "Come in."

The door swung open, revealing the rest of the first-years. They seemed to have distressed looks, as well as sad looks.

"How are you feeling?" Panda asked after seconds of silence.

"I'm not sure..." Yuta muttered as he sat down on his bed. "I don't really have a say in this."

"Salmon," agreed Inumaki.

"What about you two?" Maki asked, gesturing to Y/N and Yuta.

"Well, we'll have to settle with a long distance relationship," Yuta said.

"Have fun at Africa though. You better get me some souvenirs or I'll hold Y/N hostage," Panda said, earning a laugh from Yuta.

"I won't. I definitely don't want my girlfriend to be held hostage even though she'd kick your butt easily," Yuta said with a grin. Everyone let out a smile or a chuckle, except for Y/N who looked spaced out.

"Sorry, could you guys give us a moment?" Y/N spoke.

Everyone looked at her in worry before Panda nodded his head, "Yeah sure." Maki, Inumaki and Panda left Yuta's room, leaving the couple alone.

"Y/N, what's wrong?" Yuta asked.

"I'm... scared," Y/N answered in a whisper.

"Scared? What of?" Yuta tilted his head.

"A lot of things Yuta. I can't handle being away from you," Y/N said desperately.

Yuta smiled at her, "Oh, Y/N. I'm sure a few months won't be a problem. We'll call each other before we head to bed respectively and whenever we're free. Plus, you can do that appearing thing from the ground with shadows, right? You can always come to me when you feel like it."

"No, Yuta, you don't understand. My body can't handle being away from you," Y/N said desperately.

This time, Yuta looked at her in concern, "Y/N, what's wrong?"

Y/N stared at him before she shook her head, "It's nothing. We'll call each other. Just don't leave me for another girl there, okay?"

"Believe me, I won't leave you," Yuta smiled at her, though deep down, he was still worried about her.

Y/N quickly engulfed him in a tight hug, not wanting to separate in fear he'd slip through her fingers. Just then, she felt multiple pairs around her and Yuta, realising that the rest had came in.

"We'll miss you, Yuta. We'll take care of Y/N while you're gone," Panda assured him.

"Yeah," Yuta said with a smile as tears brimmed in his eyes. "I'll miss you guys a lot too."

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"Good afternoon, passengers. This is the pre-boarding announcement for flight 76D to Cape Town, South Africa. We are now inviting those passengers with small children, and passengers requiring special assistance, to begin boarding at this time. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready. Regular boarding will begin in approximately ten minutes time."

Now at the airport, Y/N sat next to Yuta as they waited for the regular boarding to be open. She had her hand intertwined with his, not wanting to ever let go. Her head rested on his shoulder, while Yuta's head leaned on hers.