| ix ; murderer's tale

Y/N quickly grabbed the flag and hid it in her shadow. If any of the Kyoto students saw her with it, no doubt that another battle would break out.

Now, her only objective was to last for the remaining nine minutes before victory was acquired. Nothing could go wrong, right?

"What are you doing here?"

Y/N's hand closed like a mouth of its own, her nails digging into her skin and forming crescent shapes on her palm.

"You damn murderer."

Kieran, who stood across her with his arms over his chest, gave the young woman a smirk.

"I heard of the Goodwill event and wanted to see you. It's been a month since I've last seen you. Haven't you missed me?"

"You've got a lot of nerve showing up here," Y/N muttered under her breath.

Kieran's smirk turned into a smile as he shrugged his shoulders, "Am I supposed to be scared?"

Y/N's jaw tightened as she glared at him. Kieran let his hands rest by his side before he looked around.

"No one except you knows I'm here," Kieran said. "So let's make a dramatic entrance."

Kieran snapped his fingers as beams of light slammed against the ground in different areas. Some of them being near the students while the others annihilated all remaining curses.

"Are you ready, Fujiwara Y/N?"

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

The teachers in the faculty room were watching the battle when suddenly, all of the remaining talismans burned a bright purple.

"What the..." Yaga muttered as all the staffs looked at the burnt talismans.

"Is the game over?" Utahime questioned. "They were all burned with a purple flame. What causes a purple flame to ignite?"

"A purple flame is ignited when neither the Tokyo nor Kyoto students exorcised the curse," Yaga explained. "An unregistered cursed energy, in short."

"So... you mean intruders?" Utahime questioned.

"Well-"

Gojo's phone suddenly began ringing and he looked down at it. Yuta.

Gojo quickly picked the call up, "Yuta, what's going on?"

"Sensei, isn't the game over? The one hour's up," Yuta said. "Is there something wrong?"

"There's an unregistered cursed energy. Do you not see anything abnormal?" Gojo questioned.

"No. Everyone's here except Y/N though. I think she got lost," Yuta said.

"Lost?" Gojo repeated. That was when he realised it. "Y/N's in trouble. Yuta, stay there and tell the others to head back to the school. I'll go to your location."

Gojo instantly ended the call and looked at Utahime, "The students will be coming back. Keep them safe until I come back."

"What's going on, Satoru?" Yaga questioned.

"Kieran is here. He's come to continue what he's started."

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Kieran let out a smile, "Your beloved teacher should know I'm here by now. But when he arrives here, it'll be too late."

"What are you talking about?" Y/N asked. "What are you even here for?"