| xxxxii : feel me

a/n: MY GLORIOUS ONE AND ONLY HUSBAND, YUTA, HAS FINALLY RETURNED ദ്ദി ˉ͈̀꒳ˉ͈́ )✧ coincidentally, he returned just as i finished writing this chapter, so warning! there is smut in this chapter so this is written in second pov :)

NOVEMBER 24, 23:30, TOKYO COLONY NO. 1

It was well into the night when everyone retreated back to the temporary base. You were making your way to the kitchen when you spotted Maki sitting on the couch alone. Most people were already asleep, except for a few such as you and Maki.

"Maki? Why're you sitting there alone?" You asked, snapping Maki out of her thoughts.

"Oh, Y/N. I didn't see you," She said while you moved to grab a glass of water.

"Yeah, you were pretty deep in thought. A penny for your thoughts?" You grinned at her and drank your water.

"Nothing... I was just thinking about what happened," Maki replied. You hummed in response as you washed the cup and placed it back to where it belonged.

"Did you miss me?" You asked and sat down next to her.

Maki gave you a look, "What? When did I say that?"

"Oh, come on. You definitely missed me, right?" You teased, nudging her side. "I am your best friend, after all. You always have a soft spot for me."

Maki rolled her eyes as she clicked her tongue in annoyance, "Whatever."

You looked at her and it was then, that you could see her cheeks blushing. You immediately smiled and hugged Maki, "So you did miss me! I missed you too, Maki."

Maki chuckled and poked your forehead, "Yeah, yeah. How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine," You answered. "I'm still sad over losing Nacht and the others, but I'll get over it soon."

"You don't have to force yourself to get over it so soon," Maki assured you. "He did take care of you for twelve years. He was your family."

"I know," You nodded at her. "But I still have you and everyone else. You're my family too."

Maki felt herself grow flustered, "Shut up."

You giggled and leaned your head on Maki's shoulder, "This is why you're my favourite, Maki. I would gladly choose you over my boyfriend any day-"

"Ahem!"

You stopped in your words and felt your body involuntarily freeze. You glanced at Maki and whispered, "That wasn't Yuta, was it?"

"I can hear you, angel," Yuta said, crossing his arms as he leaned against the wall.

"Have fun," Maki whispered and stood up from the couch. She gave you a smile and walked away from the common area.

You nervously laughed as you slowly turned to face Yuta, "Hi, darling! I didn't see you there!"

"Yeah, because you were busy flirting with Maki," Yuta gave you a look, raising an eyebrow at you.

"Whaaaat? Me? Flirting with Maki? That's crazy," You laughed, trying to appease your boyfriend, but to no avail. "Yutaaa, don't be upset."