chapter two.

if looks could kill, you would be lying on the floor in succumbing right now.

"what do they all think is so hot about you?" you nag sae softly as you walk through the school hallway holding hands for the first time, announcing your "relationship"

"i'm just perfect" he squeezes your hand a little tighter.

sae proudly pulls you into the cafeteria. "please don't, everyone will be here" you roll your eyes, but he doesn't listen to you and opens the door.

"it's time to introduce you to my friends" he grins mischievously. how much he must be enjoying this.

you take a breath of relief when he suddenly lets go of your hand. only you don't expect that he will now wrap his arms around your waist, laughing, and pull you to his chest.

you are standing only a meter away from his friends, of course they are all staring over at you.

your breath escapes you as you stare with wide eyes into his, who are smiling at you.

what is he up to? is he about to kiss you?

instead, you feel the tip of his nose touch yours for the briefest of seconds before he lets go of you and greets his friends.

what was that, a kiss with his nose? where the fuck did he get that from?

he must have been watching high school series on netflix last night to imitate how a 0815 friend would treat his girlfriend.

first you ignore the guys and sit down next to sae, clearing your throat, then yoichi pierces you with his looks. "you're kidding, right?" he says, very confused, scratching the back of his head.

sae steps on your foot under the table - you have to recite the rehearsed dialogue.

"i know this may seem strange at first glance, but sae isn't as bad as i always thought." even your fake boyfriend is surprised by your acting skills. "he just has my sense of humor" you add and this is not even a lie.

"huh?" yoichi is still confused.

"when y/n sat on me the other day during gym class, i just saw the potential in her. you know guys, hate sex is known to be the best"

shocked, you have to cough up; now you're the one kicking him under the table. yoichi turns away and talks to rin and meguru, while you take this chance to get upset.

"what was that all about? we never agreed on that!" you lean toward him in a panic.

pausing briefly, he calmly continues eating the noodles he stole from meguru and turns back to you. "sometimes you have to improvise to convince, y/n"

annoyed, you flick your index finger against his forehead and avert your gaze from him. eagerly, you look for normal people to join. but neither seishiro nor your female friends are in sight.

"y/n!" you then fortunately hear seishiros saving voice behind you, relieved, you grab your bag and stand up.

dissatisfied, sae wants to drag you back to your seat by the tail of your school uniform, but you sit down on the table in shock.

because seishiro is not alone, next to him is a stranger. it's probably the new exchange student who will be living with your best friend for a while.

and to be honest, you even find him very handsome.

"dude, calm down, i'm your boyfriend!" sae grumbles at you, which rensuke has noticed with a frown.

"why are you sitting with them?" he points at your surroundings, slightly disgusted.

"i'll explain later, but i'm coming with you two now-" you're about to walk towards them, when you're pulled back violently by your bag.

your back bounces against sae's chest - you just can't believe he's making a scene after just twenty minutes of fake relationship.

"if you want to go out with my girlfriend, you have to pass me" he awkwardly builds himself up in front of you while you suppress your laughter.

"so being a boyfriend doesn't suit you at all" you breathe softly at him.

"shut the fuck up" sae throws back over his shoulder at you.

"you shut the fuck up, itoshi," seishiro exhales. "and y/n," your agitated best friend now turns to you "if this asshole is really your friend, i'm really disappointed in you"

biting your lip, you know what you unfortunately have to do. rin and the others are also listening now because they are behind you.

inwardly, you pray that seishiro will forgive you next. but now, in front of everyone around you, you reach for sae's cold hand - to make it even more realistic, your free right hand clasps his upper arm and you lean your head against it.

secretly you feel your fake boyfriend looking down at you from above. you snuggle tightly against him and he can't deny that he likes it.

"sae and i are together. you better get used to it, because we're serious about each other."