chapter seven.

"don't you want your money?" sae grins as you break away from the stormy kiss.

"huh?" your chest still quivers overwhelmed against his.

he carefully brushes a strand of hair from your face, examining your slightly heated cheeks. "well, that was an involuntary touch, y/n."

"uh, yeah, that's right" you clear your throat, finally taking a distance from him and holding out your hand demanding.

indifferently he puts the demanded money into your hand, even having to laugh slightly.

"what's so funny?" you raise an eyebrow scrutinizingly.

"that you obviously enjoy kissing me and even get money for it. double advantage when you date me" he claims cheekily.

stubbornly you cross your arms in front of your chest. "that's not true at all! i would kiss another boy just like that and certainly enjoy it more" you provoke him.

"tch, who please? mikage? never. no one is better for you than me" sae jokes, but you swallow unobtrusively.

why do you suddenly feel a little guilty?

you're not really together.

yet.

<3

"of course, i divided the groups so that both better and more needy students are in one group" your bio teacher explains her decision.

rin likes the grouping, but sae is still a little miffed about what happened the other day. even though rin has apologized to his friend several times, sae hasn't really forgiven him.

"so..." you start the conversation with your group, which consists of rin, sae, sumire and you.

you don't like sumire at all, she is a typical girl who is nicer to the teachers than to her classmates. nevertheless, you want to make the best out of the situation and deliver the work as good as possible.

"when and where do we meet?" you ask, and immediately rin's head shoots up.

"this afternoon at my place, okay?" he quickly suggests in response.

"chill out, this isn't a date with my girlfriend. sumire and i are in too" sae fixes his gaze on rin strained.

"bro, chill," rin pats him on the shoulder. "last week's stuff is in the past, it's all just a test to see how serious you are. i won't go near y/n again."

shocked, sumire interferes. "you're sharing a girl? that's disgusting!"

"sumire, shush. no testosterone, no opinion" sae makes a joke, automatically sending her away and actually leaving the room even annoyed.

when sae and you arrive at rin's later that day, you ask him if sumire is there yet. "i sent her a wrong address, she is now standing outside the principal's house"

now sae has to laugh too, actually hits it off with rin. he can't stay mad at his best friend any longer. especially because he's aware that you would never start anything with rin anyway.

"she must have noticed that, as often as she visits him" sae now jokes with rin - the two of them suddenly fade you out completely, going into the living room laughing.

silently you follow them, grab your phone and check your messages. mikage has written to you, he wants to clarify some things with you. he is sorry that he kissed you.

you calmly answer him and apologize as well. you both agree to just stay friends.

"who are you writing to?" sae suddenly wants to look at your phone, but you quickly lock the screen and put it away.

rin looks slightly angry, because he can already guess.

"with sumire. she won't come anymore" you lie quickly.

wait, why are you lying? there's nothing wrong with writing with a friend, right?

again you feel a little guilty and the three of you start working.

even sae is also plagued by a guilty conscience because he dumped you back then for his former affair misaki.

however, he didn't go any further with her that night than a little making out. just when she wanted to take his shirt off, he blocked her and threw her out for good.

but it's still cheating, mh?

it just felt wrong for sae, he wasn't attracted to misaki. he didn't like being with her, he preferred to be alone and think.

he would love to ask you out again on a real date, but he's more than sure you wouldn't agree after that action.

"rin!" a strange voice calls from the next room.

rolling his eyes, rin gets up from the sofa, leaving you & sae alone in the living room.

clearing his throat, sae wants to talk to you about the date, but you don't suspect anything about his plans and answer reo's messages again.

"uh, y/n" he introduces, looking back and forth between you and your phone, until you finally put it aside and look him in the face.

"three months was the deal, right?" he nervously changes the subject, looking somewhat stressed to the side.

"yeah, so about another month," you're already gushing about all the money.

"i also think we're really credible. yoichi will surely give me the money soon, i might make him more aware of it in the next few days" sae scribbles away with his pencil on a piece of paper.

"hm" you just grumble. "so that's it? we're going our separate ways soon"

even though sae hears the relieved laughter in your voice, your statements sound somehow forced - as if you don't want to sound like that at all, as if it's just a facade.

this fact gives him a hope inside.

"is that what you want? do you really hate me that much, y/n?" he takes all his courage now, his gaze directed directly at your face.

biting your lower lip, you don't know the answer - of course you don't really hate him anymore.

"sae" you really want to say something nice to him, when rin and his father storm into the room, arguing. "oh my god" you are shocked, but keep the shock to yourself for now.

rin's father is the man who picked your mother up for a date the other day and you are supposed to move in with him soon.

"i have a date now, we'll discuss it later" rin's father reminds him, then disappears from the house.

you can't believe it, your mother also has a date today, she said earlier.

shocked, you jump up when rin's father disappears, breaking off the conversation with sae.

disappointed, he has to sigh a little.

"i have to make a phone call" you run off into the garden, the boys look after you with slightly frowned brows.

after a few seconds seishiro fortunately picks up the phone when you call him desperately. "seishiro, rin is my new stepbrother!"