chapter twelve.

"why do you mind if i go out with reo? our relationship was just a fake anyway," you angrily threw at sae after akame's text message.

"was? so you're ending the fake relationship?" he suspects.

uncertainly you wrap your bare arms around yourself, looking down a bit "we should end it. it's come to the point where it's no longer possible" you whisper.

the point at which one of you could walk away from this hurt.

the point at which you both feel pure jealousy.

now sae's head shoots up, ironically he has to laugh. "you're asking me why it bothers me when you're with reo?," confidently taking a step toward you, you back away uncertainly. already standing against the wall, you feel like you're trapped. "you really want to know, y/n?" he breathes against your cheek.

seriously he leans in front of you, one hand on the wall next to your head. calmly he looks into your eyes, mutely you look at him and press your lips together.

"because i like you, y/n," he speaks for the first time what he thinks he feels inside. "even very, much too much"

he knows reo is waiting for you. he knows you could have him anytime, too.

"sae i-" you say thoughtfully, suddenly the door next to you opens and a crying akame stands in front of you.

shocked she throws herself into your arms. "omg, i've been looking for you everywhere! here you are" you can't believe this isn't an act right now.

and sae is fooling around with something like that? tasteless - he is and will always be a player. looking at her, you're just reminded that he's fooling around with a lot of girls.

you certainly don't want to be one of the many.

"you should go to sleep" you say quietly, akame nods at you and then goes to the small bathroom - but you don't see her wink coquettishly at sae.

sighing, you push him out of the room, wanting to go to sleep as well.

"aren't we going to settle this here?" he frowns annoyed, regretting having revealed his feelings.

"there's nothing to clarify" you close the door in front of his nose, ice cold.

a short silence follows, you hold your breath. it's over, the expiration date of your fake relationship has arrived.

but you are not aware that this is the beginning of your real relationship.

"i hate you" you stand behind him in the hallway, annoyed, yet still following him.

a feeling led you to this - you didn't want to let him go.

at the sound of your voice, sae stops, looks over his shoulder at you with a smirk.

turning around, he spreads his arms for you. "come on, baby" he grins victoriously, just waiting.

giving in, you hug him, sighing against his warm chest. your face buries itself in the crook of his neck, he squeezes you even tighter.

"mhm, i hate you too, y/n" he kisses your forehead gently.

<3

"faster!" yells aiku as the whole class jogs with him through central park.

you've been exercising for hours, after all, this is a trip with the sports class and your performance will be graded.

out of breath you take a break, sae hands you his water bottle - you accept it gratefully.

since last night your relationship has changed but neither of you can tell how far.

unexpectedly he wraps his arm around your neck, pulls you to his chest. "ew" you push his sweaty body away from you.

grinning, he slaps you on the butt. "you're sweaty yourself" he laughs playfully.

reo catches the playful moments between you, frowns questioningly. how can it be that he sees you two looking even more familiar?

first you all go to the hotel to shower, freshen up. then you're supposed to go on an excursion to a popular amusement park. "some of you really don't have any style at all," aiku laughs at a couple of students who line up in front of the hotel, all dressed up. the teacher himself puts on his expensive glasses, then hangs his bag around his neck. "here are your tickets, the subway is back there," he goes on.

instinctively, sae takes your hand, you intertwine your fingers. rin walks next to you "that one bitch from last night keeps calling me. how can you block numbers?"

"or you can just answer and explain to her that it was a one-time thing and it's just not a good fit" sae advises him.

surprised, you look up at your bpyfriend, rin equally shocked. "since when are you so..so-" rin can't find the words.

"reasonable?," sae finishes rin's sentence, squeezing your hand a little tighter "since i know that women have feelings too. after all, y/n cried during sex the other day, i was just too hard."

you contort your face in disgust. of course he had to destroy it with a joke.

"akame" reo walks a little further behind you beside her, she turns to him "yes?" she smiles directly.

reo caught her looking jealously at the and sae. "i saw you and him kissing at the club yesterday. and i think i can help you."

suddenly he takes akame's hand in front of everyone, she flinches slightly at first but the grin tells her of his intentions.

"why would you do that for me? i mean, help me make him jealous and drive him into my arms" akame questions, however satisfied.

"itoshi has something that belongs to me," he looks over at you, you kiss at this moment "be my fake girlfriend, akame. this is how we finally break up y/n and him"