chapter four.

by now, you've kind of gotten used to having this fake relationship.

"you have to come to the game today," sae keeps talking at you while you're studying in the library.

well, you're studying, he's got his phone between the pages of the book and he's watching memes. "i don't have time. i'm meeting seishiro and reo to study," you say.

"um, you're not serious, are you? he really made a pass at you at rin's, and i don't want to be publicly embarrassed if you leave me for him."

"aw, is someone scared? you're usually so confident" now you have to smile and he angrily closes his mouth.

"you know what? maybe a fight would be good. it would also make our relationship seem more lively in front of my friends." sae suddenly comes up with an idea that seems bizarre at first.

you have been much too neutral to each other - more precisely since the kiss at rin's. and secretly it bothers you that he had you under control because of that.

of course, it wasn't just one kiss. since the kiss a few days ago, it had changed, now and then he kisses you goodbye at school or makes out with you.

you got used to it, but why?

"just you wait, i'll start the fight, sae" you threaten him in jest and stand up.

sae grins slightly and stands up as well, approaching your face. "couples fight, that's normal. but please don't skip the make-up sex, y/n" he breathes, simply unable to resist a quip.

"idiot."

<3

actually you came to sae's game.

"y/n, hey" he greets you and approaches you with rin as you stand next to the bleachers.

a fleeting kiss follows on your lips, "you look beautiful" he now compliments you on purpose - you are wearing a red summer dress and have your hair down.

"you're lucky to have such a pretty girlfriend" you smile provocatively and make a joke out of it.

he gives you a "really now?" look and is already thinking of an answer. luckily yoichi & meguru, are standing only a few meters away from you.

so they will hear everything.

"the uniform is bigger than you, rin," you first laugh at rin, whereupon he has to exhale in a huff. "and you, sae, i'm disappointed. tonight we were going to have a romantic evening and what are you doing?" you dramatically raise your voice and take a step towards him. "you don't even answer my nudes!" you raise your phone screen in front of his nose.

rin spits out his water and coughs to himself before meguru takes the bottle from his hand and drinks it himself.

sae would never have expected such an argument and just remains silent.

"i sent you snaps two hours ago and you still haven't chosen between the black and the red underwear!" you continue, pushing him further away from you by the chest.

"so now i'm committing the mistakes in our relationship here? what was that last weekend, huh?" sae is now playing along amazingly authentically. because he loves yelling at you.

he missed it as much as you did.
you enjoy this game way too much.

"enough talking. i'm going to my companion now" you smile coquettishly and then point to a person sitting in the middle of the crowd.

mikage reo.

"oh my god, is this part of the plan? if so, then-" sae takes a step toward you in a whisper, pissed off.

"listen, this shit is going to be over in the near future anyway, so i'm going to take precautions. i wouldn't mind a friendship with reo" you put a finger on his mouth.

annoyed, he grabs your hand and pulls it away from him. he takes a deep breath and exhales, bending down to you.

"was that an act with the nudes too, or should i check my phone?" he asks you seriously, while you feel his hot breath on your neck.

sighing, you push him away and give him an ironic air kiss as you walk, before going to reo.

indeed, sae takes out his phone. unfortunately, no nudes.

during the game you talk to the exchange student, proudly he shows you the pictures of paintings, which he painted himself, on his phone. "wow, you are really talented"

a chance moment overtakes you as he looks up at you and your eyes meet. quickly you look away, he has caught you.

"that hoe is not ashamed at all" rin calls out to sae as the two are in the middle of the field.

at first your fake boyfriend ignores the statement, but nevertheless knows that you are meant, which is why his eyes now wander through the audience.

in fact, he spots you. "they are just friends, calm down"

"and why does it look like he's kissing her?" meguru is actually joking, and plays the ball to sae.

"what?!" however, sae reacts in shock and immediately turns his head in your direction, and just as he realizes that meguru was only joking, he is tackled.

painfully he is pushed to the ground by two opponents, the point is lost and so is the game. furiously the coach throws his whistle on the turf and stomps on it.

"sae, what the fuck!" his teammates complain directly, while the opposing team celebrates their victory loudly.

"uh, bro, sorry. just kidding" meguru is now sorry and walks up to the silent sae.

"your girlfriend must be really important to you, i'm proud" yoichi pats his shoulder as he walks by.

now sae pauses until everyone has disappeared from the field and the stands and he remains there alone.

maybe he has achieved something with this action after all, because apparently they all are beginning to believe that he is serious about you.

he will definitely win the bet.

but maybe he realizes at the same time that he might lose something else in the course of time.

slowly, he leaves the field and heads in the direction of the dressing rooms. by chance, he sees you and reo standing at the corner of the stands, so he secretly stops and listens unobtrusively.

"if you didn't have a boyfriend, i'd love to get to know you better, y/n" reo admits.

"that bastard isn't as innocent as he always pretends" he whispers to himself, but listens intently to your reply.

"well, who knows how long he'll be my boyfriend" you're honest, but why does your own answer bother you yourself?