chapter eighteen.

relaxing you do yoga in the living room, because there you can use the dvd for the tv. laughing sae walks past you into the kitchen "your dog doesn't need so much effort, you can do it by nature too" he talks about reo.

not letting yourself be distracted, you just grin provocatively and sit down in the splits "reo will be here soon, i have to be limber for that"

"freaky," he pretends to be uninterested and sips his capri sun. "feel free to mess with my condoms, but i don't think they'll fit him."

"of course not, he needs bigger ones" you turn his insult around.

a little later, you're sitting on the couch with reo, watching a movie. your mother is out with yamato, so you have some peace.

sae went out drinking with yoichi and his boys, no idea if rin is there after the fight.

"don't worry, i'll keep your family situation to myself," reo promises you "and now that he's out of the picture, i don't have to be considerate anymore" he wants to kiss you.

"i have to go to the bathroom," you quickly run up to your room "okay, what should i do now?" you talk to yourself.

"fuck off!" the drunken sae yells in rin's direction. furiously he grabs meguru's bottle and drinks from it with his mouth.

"this is also my circle of friends" rin says quietly, pulling on his joint - already the third one this night.

he is hardcore high.

"go to your daddy issues" slurs sae laughing, rin widens his eyes. "daddy issues? now you also have bitches with daddy issues at the start rin? respect" meguru chimes in with him.

for rin's luck, meguru misunderstood the situation, so the topic is dropped again. ignoring his actual best friend, he sits down by the campfire to loud music.

"hey" someone now sits down, flirting with sae.

"akame?" he wheels around, didn't expect her here. they get to talking, but she wants more. sae is too drunk, he doesn't know what he really wants.

meanwhile you clear your throat slightly as you sit next to reo again. the movie is much further along, you're not really interested in it anymore.

just as he is about to say something, you hear the house door slam loudly. "my mother!" you push him away from you in fright, so that he falls off the sofa onto the floor.

"hi guys!" it's sae and not your mother together with yamato. drunk, he just smokes one in the house, rules don't interest him.

you wait patiently until he seems to have disappeared.

reo leans in for a careful kiss, but you pause. just before his lips touch yours, sae jumps over the sofa back directly between you.

"seeing your "almost kiss" was such a short horror story, god" laughs the drunken one.

"sae.."

"nevermind"

an awkward silence sets in, sae has really ruined the mood and the movie is over anyway. "it's getting late" reo gets up and says goodbye to you.

sae rolls his eyes "bye bitch," he says laughing spitefully, like a child. "take me to bed babygirl" he grabs your wrist.

"don't call me that, sae. you can sleep here by the way"

but you both know there will be trouble if he is found like that by yamato and your mother. for your own good, you end up helping him until he's under his covers.

"hop in, bunny," he grins, lifting his bedspread.

"your pick up lines are getting worse and worse" you quickly go through his door into the bathroom, it was repaired yesterday. ready you lie down in your bed, the light from the bathroom shines directly into your face "what's wrong now?" you sit up.

sae is actually standing at the door. "did you sleep together?" he has to know, you still love each other, he can't sleep without this answer.

"that's none of your business"

nevertheless he enters your room, turns off the light behind him. without asking he sits down on your bed, next to you.

"akame wanted to fuck me today," he tells you honestly about this night, you see the slight hickey on his neck. "but i sent her away before it could get that far."

"thank you?"

"i didn't block her because of you, i blocked her because of me."

"okay, good to know," you quickly turn away, not wanting to know anything more about akame. "you could have fucked her, you're single after all. although, no, a relationship doesn't stop you either," you mumble.

wordlessly he lies down next to you, under your blanket. you would like to push him off the bed, but you don't want to get rid of him.

a good distance is between you before he pulls you to him by your waist. "you smell like cigarettes and alcohol," you breathe as he puts his mouth to your neck and breathes peacefully against it.

"you love my scent," he's right. with him, you really don't mind.

"i'm sorry for being a selfish asshole and hurting you," he whispers into your ear from behind, kissing your neck gently in response.

slightly you have to smile. "i didn't have sex with reo" you answer the question from before instead.

he gently runs his hand over your cheek, his arm wrapped tightly around your torso. "i hope he is right for you," he kisses your forehead for the briefest of seconds, but you've already fallen asleep in his arms.

sae is, however, the right one for you.

quietly, he gets up and goes over to his bed. he will have to let you go, he thinks to himself.

but does he really have to?